Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip
May 31, 2016, Updated Aug 21, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Rich, delicious, ooey gooey cheesy chicken enchilada dip is full of flavor- just like a chicken enchilada, but a perfect appetizer!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chip Dip
I love chicken enchiladas. They are spicy, bursting with cheesy, chicken flavor- and so easy.
So recently, I decided to make some delicious cheesy chicken enchiladas- but with a twist. I decided to break the mold a bit with them and spin them into a delicious, easy skillet cheese dip!
They are simple, and only take one pan- making them the perfect thing to serve at parties, or before dinner! Cheese dips are one of my favorite things to serve, ever. They are full of flavor, and so good with chips, bread, and veggies.
This Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip is so delicious and hearty, it can even work as a meal on it’s own. You won’t be able to stop eating it- trust me!
How to make Chicken Enchilada Dip
First you will need to assemble the following ingredients:
- Chicken – cooked shredded chicken is the perfect protein for this cheesy packed dip. If you want to make it vegan you can use beans.
- Green chile enchilada sauce – this enchilada sauce is not as spicy as the red and has a wonderful flavor from the green chiles.
- Cacique enchilada cheese – this Mexican queso fresco will have a nice smooth texture which is perfect for this dip.
- Mozzarella, fiesta blend, or cheddar cheese – these delicious melty cheeses are perfect for dip since they will have that nice stringy nature when melted. Sure whichever you have on hand of all of them.
- Cream Mexicana – this crema has a slightly sour taste which is similar to sour cream.
- Diced Tomatoes – these tomatoes will add a wonderful freshness to this cheese packed dip.
- Green onions – these are a wonderful fresh topping that add a great touch of green.
Once you have assembled everything use this method
Melt. Combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, and cheese to a nonstick skillet.
Stir. Stir continuously, scraping the bottom when needed to help melt the cheese evenly without burning.
Add even more cheese. Add the mozzarella and stir well until fully mixed. Top with the green onions, tomatoes, and cream mexicana. Serve warm!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Dip
Pick your cheeses well. You want to have some base cheeses that will add some sharpness and you want super melty cheeses that will make for a great dip.
Turn up the heat. If you want to turn up the heat on this dip try adding some chipotles in adobo. I would add about a 1/2 tsp at a time, taste and add more if you want. It will also add a smoky flavor.
I suggest keeping this warm in a mini crockpot, it’s a great way to keep it soft and gooey.
Leftover dip can be kept in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. You can reheat it in the microwave.
More Delicious Dips
Try these other wonderful dip recipes next:
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 lb chicken, about 1 1/2 cup, shredded
- 8 oz green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 package cacique enchilada cheese, cut into small 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, fiesta blend, or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp crema mexicana
- 1 diced tomato, to garnish
- green onions, to garnish
- In a large, nonstick pan, chicken, enchilada sauce, and cheese until cheese is melted.
- Stir well to help cheese melt evenly and mix without burning.
- Add in shredded mozzarella, stir well.
- When queso is fully mixed, Top with green onions, diced tomatoes, and crema mexicana.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 48mgSodium 333mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 14g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.