Bacon Cheese Dip
Jan 23, 2024, Updated Feb 01, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Deliciously easy keto bacon cheese dip recipe – this hearty, delicious hot melted cheese is loaded with bacon and onion flavor!
If you’re looking for an extra-indulgent dip for gameday that is a crowd-pleaser – even for low-carb guests – this hearty, rich cheese dip is just the ticket!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Easy Keto Cheese Dip With Bacon
Made with cream cheese, mayo, parmesan, cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and a whole lotta bacon!
Every bite will leave you wanting another and you’ll have to beg someone to take the dish away or you’ll eat it all – I’m speaking from experience here.
It’s gooey, salty, cheesy, and a little bit greasy! Perfect for parties around the holidays, BBQ cookouts – and of course, game day parties. If you’re gathering friends for the big game, and have some who eat low-carb, and some who don’t – this dip will be the first thing EVERYONE flocks to!
If you love bacon and cheddar (and who doesn’t?) you’re going to LOVE this super easy baked cheese dip.
We’re loading it with crunchy, salty bacon and fresh chives – plus you can make it low carb and keto diet compatible, too!
This dip is perfect for parties, as an appetizer, for game day – or just any time you’re craving rich, melty cheese and tons of crunchy bacon.
I hope you love this cheese dip as much as we do!
How to Make Bacon Cheese Dip
This dip uses really simple everyday ingredients you probably already have on hand!
- Cream Cheese (at room temperature): This is the base of your dip. Room temperature cream cheese is crucial because it’s easier to blend, ensuring a smooth, creamy texture. It adds a rich, tangy flavor and a velvety consistency. A low-fat cream cheese can be used to reduce calories.
- Cheddar Cheese (freshly grated): Cheddar brings a sharp, distinct flavor, enhancing the overall taste profile. Grating it fresh avoids the issues with pre-shredded cheese, which often contains anti-caking agents that can affect the texture and melting qualities. Freshly grated cheese melts more smoothly, contributing to a creamier dip. Monterrey jack, colby jack, or a soft gouda can work in place of cheddar as a substitute.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan adds a nutty and slightly salty flavor, creating a more complex taste. It also helps in thickening the dip, giving it a good consistency.
- Cooked Bacon: Bacon introduces a smoky, savory element. It adds both texture and a depth of flavor. The crispiness of the bacon also provides a nice contrast to the creamy components. Turkey bacon is a good option for less calories, cholesterol, and sodium.
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise contributes to the creaminess and adds a slight tang. It helps in balancing the flavors and ensures the dip remains lusciously smooth. You can use Greek yogurt for a cholesterol-saving swap.
- Garlic Powder: This adds a subtle, aromatic garlic flavor without the intensity of fresh garlic. It’s a background note that complements the cheeses and bacon. To watch the sodium, be sure to use garlic powder, and not garlic salt.
- Onion Powder: Similar to garlic powder, onion powder offers a mild onion flavor. It’s less pungent than fresh onion and blends seamlessly into the dip.
- Paprika: Paprika not only adds a hint of sweetness and a touch of color but also a slight smokiness, enhancing the bacon’s flavor. Opt for a smoked paprika, or fine Hungarian paprika.
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cheese. Add cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, most of the bacon, mayo, and spices to a large bowl or stand mixer and mix until fully combined.
- Bake. Transfer the mixture to an 8×8-inch baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bacon and bake for 20 minutes.
Tips to Perfect Cheddar Bacon Dip & FAQs
Cut bacon cold: To get perfect crunchy bacon, I like to cut it with kitchen scissors when still cold, then pan fry until brown and crispy. Bacon is easier to cut when cold – and we find it crisps up more evenly to cut before cooking instead of crumbling after cooking whole slices of bacon.
Rest bacon: Let bacon rest on paper towels to drain off excess grease before adding to cheese dip – letting the grease drain off will help your bacon get extra crunchy and perfect for this cheesy dip!
Quality of Ingredients: Use high-quality bacon and cheese. The better the quality, the better the flavor of your dip.
Cook Bacon to Perfection: Cook the bacon until it’s crispy. This adds not only a great texture but also ensures that the bacon flavor is pronounced. Consider baking the bacon in the oven for even cooking.
Room Temperature Cream Cheese: Ensure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing. This makes it easier to blend and results in a smoother dip.
Freshly Grate Your Cheese: As mentioned, freshly grated cheese melts better and doesn’t have the additives that pre-shredded cheese does. This leads to a smoother, creamier dip.
Layering Flavors: Add depth to your dip with a pinch of cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce for a slight kick.
Slow and Low Heat: When combining the ingredients, do so over low heat to avoid separating or scorching the cheese.
Consistency Control: If the dip is too thick, you can thin it with a little milk or cream. Add slowly and stir until you reach the desired consistency.
Garnish: Garnish with green onions, a sprinkle of paprika, or extra bacon bits for a pop of color and added flavor.
Serving: Serve warm with a variety of dippers like crusty bread, crackers, or vegetable sticks.
Can I use pre-shredded cheese to save time?
We suggest using fresh shredded cheese for the most even melt – store bought shredded cheese doesn’t always melt smoothly.
This dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Dip is best when consumed after two days.
We don’t recommend freezing and reheating, as the texture can get overly greasy after thawing.
Yes, you can prepare this dip ahead of time and refrigerate it. Reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving. Be sure to stir well after reheating to maintain the creamy texture.
This dip pairs wonderfully with crackers, sliced baguettes, tortilla chips, vegetable sticks like carrots and celery, or even apple slices for a sweet and savory combination.
While you can use pre-shredded cheese, it’s recommended to grate your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese often contains anti-caking agents that can affect the dip’s smoothness and flavor.
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should last for up to 3-4 days. Remember to reheat it gently before serving again.
Freezing is not recommended as the creamy texture can become grainy when thawed and reheated.
You can use low-fat cream cheese, substitute Greek yogurt for mayonnaise, and use turkey bacon as a lighter alternative.
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, add jalapeños for a spicy kick, or mix in some green onions or chives for additional flavor.
Thick-cut bacon tends to work best as it stays crispy and provides a robust flavor. However, any type of bacon you prefer can be used.
If you’re out of mayo, or don’t love the flavor, you can also use sour cream in it’s place, for a bit of a tangier creamy kick.
To add some heat, you can add fresh chopped or pickled jalapeños, a dash of cayenne, or Aleppo pepper – or you can drizzle some tabasco or hot sauce along the top when done!
For more zesty flavor, stir in a packet of ranch dressing mix, or homemade ranch seasonings.
What to Serve With Bacon Cheese Dip:
Bread: A classic choice. Offer a variety of breads such as sliced baguette, sliced no knead bread, toasted crostini, or pita bread. Their crispy texture complements the creamy dip. For keto ideas, try our keto air fryer rolls, or keto jalapeño rolls!
Crackers: Choose from a range of crackers – from simple saltines to flavored or whole grain varieties. They add a nice crunch and are easy to handle.
Vegetables: For a healthier option, serve the dip with fresh vegetables like carrot sticks, cucumber rounds, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper strips, or celery sticks. They provide a refreshing contrast to the rich dip.
Chips: Tortilla chips, potato chips, or pretzels can be great for dipping. They add a salty flavor and are popular in casual settings.
Fruit: For a unique twist, pair the dip with apples or pears. The sweetness and crisp texture of the fruit can balance the savory, creamy dip.
Meats: Small slices of salami, pepperoni, or prosciutto can be a hit for meat lovers. For gameday, this dip is awesome with chips alongside crispy pork shoulder, brisket, or smashburgers and french fries!
Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 pieces cooked bacon, chopped and divided
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, most of the bacon, mayo, and spices to a large bowl or stand mixer and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8x8-inch baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bacon and bake for 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Ourokhome Rotary Cheese Grater Shredder - 3 Drum Blades Manual Speed Round Food Slicer Nut Grinder with Strong Suction Base for Cheese, Vegetable, Walnut, Chocolate, Potato, Carrot, White Gray
KitchenAid Artisan Series 5 Quart Tilt Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield KSM150PS, Contour Silver
ZONESUM Baking Dish, 8x8 Lasagna Pan Deep, Ceramic Square Casserole dishes for oven, Baking Pan with Handle, for Brownie, Cake, Lasagna, Casserole, 2 Quart, Christmas Home Gift, Airy Blue
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 232Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 51mgSodium 468mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 10g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.