This delicious grilled chicken with cashew cilantro pesto is to die for - simple, never dry chicken and pesto bursting with fresh flavor!
While my mom was visiting us recently, she made the most amazing cashew cilantro pesto sauce that we ended up putting on a ton of different dishes.
I'm not kidding when I say it is the most delicious pesto over- I could eat it by the spoonful, for any meal.
This recipe is seriously to die for - it is one of my favorite new ways to grill chicken!
The pesto is a perfect way to top this juicy, never-dry grilled chicken - this makes a perfect quick pasta (just cut the chicken into chunks after grilling, toss with pasta, and top with pesto), over rice, or with fresh grilled vegetables!
Cashew Cilantro Pesto Sauce
- ¼ cups cashews, unsalted raw
- 1 cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane-style grater
- Zest of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon seeded and finely chopped serrano chile
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- Add cashews to food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add other ingredients and blend until slightly runny and spreadable.
- Taste- add sea salt if needed (the pesto has somewhat salty ingredients, so taste to find the perfect amount before adding in additional salt.)
Amount Per Serving Calories 115Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 10mgSodium 142mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.