Easy Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe – the best easy soft and moist cornbread that is crazy delicious and never tastes dry. Sour cream cornbread is smooth, full of flavor, and goes great at a picnic or BBQ with your favorite summer dishes!
If you’ve never had sour cream cornbread, you might be wondering what the fuss is about – get ready for the most delicious, always tender, never dry, perfect cornbread that is hearty, light, and so delicious it will become your next go-to cornbread recipe!
This easy sour cream cornbread is the absolute best recipe for rich, slightly sweet, and delicious cornbread ever – after a lot of tweaking and trying recipes, we’re excited to have come up with this absolutely foolproof easy made from scratch cornbread that your whole family will love!
This cornbread is one of my absolute all time favorite easy summer side dishes for BBQs, picnics, cookouts, and more – you just need to mix the ingredients in one bowl and then bake – no separating wet and dry ingredients, fussy instructions, or complicated tools needed!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE BEST EASY SOUR CREAM CORNBREAD RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
To Make This Easy Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe, You’ll Need:
This sour cream cornbread recipe is one of my all time favorites because you don’t need much to make this an out-of-the-park delicious BBQ side dish.
While the following aren’t absolutely necessary, they are my favorites to make easy, quick cornbread – and are some of my all-around kitchen must haves that are useful in a ton of different dishes!
Click the links below to find each item through my Amazon Affiliate link. Anytime you purchase through my Amazon Affiliate links, I make a small commission which helps me offset the costs to run Sweet C’s and provide you with absolutely FREE recipes, everyday!
Tips to Perfect Sour Cream Cornbread:
This easy sour cream cornbread is perfect because it is just that – extremely easy! All you really need to do is dump, mix, and bake – but I’m adding a couple extra tips and tricks to make sure you have the absolute BEST cornbread, ever!
- Grease your pan thoroughly.
- Cornbread can be a total nightmare to scoop up (or clean up) from a pan that isn’t well prepared – but it is really easy to prevent a complicated cleanup.
- Be sure to prepare your baking dishes well before baking – I prefer a flour-based baking spray, but butter, crisco, and lard work great, too.
- Sprinkle a little coarse sea salt on top.
- For a little extra crunch and salty flavor, sprinkle a bit of celtic sea salt or kosher salt on top of the cornbread before baking. Just a pinch goes a long way!
- Drizzle honey over batter.
- Right before pouring batter into your baking dish, drizzle some honey over the batter and give 1-2 quick turns of your spoon to “marble” the honey through the batter for a deliciously sweet kick that sets this cornbread above the rest!
- Cream together wet ingredients before adding dry.
- To prevent lumps and a dry texture, make sure you cream together the butter and the sugar well before adding dry ingredients – it will make your stirring much easier when you do add the dry!
- Brush a little butter on top before it is done baking.
- When your cornbread is set in the oven, but before it is completely cooked (after about 20 minutes), brush 1-2 tablespoons melted butter over the top of the cornbread for an extra salty, rich, and delicious crunchy crust!
Other Delicious BBQ Dishes You’ll Love:
When you think of cornbread, you think of summer BBQ dinners, right? I’m linking to some of my absolute favorite lick-your-fingers clean summer dishes below!
Simply click each link to head to the easy printable recipes that are sure to become your new favorite BBQ dinner classics!
Easy Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe
If you love this Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add eggs, mixing to combine until smooth.
- Add sour cream and milk, stirring to mix well.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients, mixing as you add each.
- Drizzle honey over batter and give a quick stir.
- Pour batter into pre-greased pan or casserole dish, or flexible silicone baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit until a toothpick inserted int he middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 313 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 554mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 6g