This one pot knockoff Nando’s spicy peri peri rice is tasty and packs a punch – perfect alongside peri peri chicken, vegan or vegetarian meals, as a side dish with a spicy twist.
I love spicy food.
I know some people aren’t a huge fan of spicy stuff- but for me, I like my food to have a serious punch!
I often joke that food can’t be spicy enough- I love the burn in the back of my throat and the tingly feeling you get when eating really spicy food.
That doesn’t always work with the rest of my family though, so finding foods with a ton of flavor that won’t burn their tastebuds is always a bit tricky.
Until I found my favorite Nando’s Portugese peri peri style sauce in my local grocery store (this post was not in anyway sponsored by or affiliated with Nando’s… I just freaking love them), and decided to whip up some delicious, easy One Pot Knockoff Nando’s Spicy Peri Peri Rice.
Of course, Nando’s is famous for their spicy peri peri chicken- and it is SUPER easy to use their sauces for a light and healthy baked one pot peri peri chicken that is full of flavor.
This quick and easy nandos spicy garlic chicken is another punch of flavor and sure to liven up any meal:
If you don’t want a meal that’s entirely spicy, this goes great alongside grilled or baked chicken, fish, pork, or even steak.
You can also mix in more tomatoes if you want to tone down the heat a bit!
The best time to eat this rice, hands down, is when you have bit of a cold. It opens your sinuses right up… trust me!
It’s so easy and delicious, it is one of my favorite side dishes, ever! Especially since you only need to dirty one pan to make a huge batch!
- 1 large onion, diced very finely
- 1 large bell pepper (any color), diced fine
- 8oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp nando's spicy peri peri sauce
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- In a large, heavy pan, heat oil until shimmery.
- Add onion and bell pepper, and sautee until soft and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, peri peri sauce, and rice, and stir well.
- Let rice toast with vegetables for about 4 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking or burning.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, letting cook until rice is soft and fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- Stir to fluff and top with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.