Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet
Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet is a delicious, hearty, tangy, and creamy dinner that is great over rice, vegetables, pasta – or on it’s own!
Pepperoncinis are one of my all time favorite things to eat – I can eat a whole jar in one sitting if I really wanted to.
I love the spicy, tangy zip of pepperoncini peppers – they are so delicious, and pair perfectly with so many different meals!
This skillet dinner is perfect for a low carb diet – or if you’re not watching carbs, it is luxurious and decadent over pasta or rice.
Other one pot chicken dinners you’ll love:
Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet Recipe
Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet is a delicious, hearty, tangy, and creamy dinner that is great over rice, vegetables, pasta - or on it's own!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp salt, celtic sea
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 onion, white , diced
- 1/4 cup garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers, drained (sliced, ring, or whole pepper all ok, decidebased on what you love)
- 1/2 cup sliced fire roasted, jarred red pepper strips, drained
- In a large, heavy pan, melt butter on medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan.
- Brown chicken on all sides, turning every couple minutes - about 8 minutes total.
- Remove chicken from pan (chicken might not be fully to 165 degrees internal temperature, which is fine)
- Add garlic and onion to pan, let brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and peppers and let reduce to half, another 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off, and slowly stir in cream and parmesan, whisking vigorously as you add cream.
- Slowly bring heat back to medium high, add italian seasoning, pepperoncinis, and chicken back to pan.
- Let sauce reduce to half and bring chicken fully to 165 fahrenheit internal temperature.
- Remove from heat and serve over vegetables, pasta, rice, or on own!
Amount Per Serving Calories 821 Saturated Fat 29g Cholesterol 275mg Sodium 1135mg Carbohydrates 8g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 49g