Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet
Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet is a delicious, hearty, tangy, and creamy dinner that is great over rice, vegetables, pasta – or on it’s own!
Pepperoncinis are one of my all time favorite things to eat – I can eat a whole jar in one sitting if I really wanted to.
I love the spicy, tangy zip of pepperoncini peppers – they are so delicious, and pair perfectly with so many different meals!
This skillet dinner is perfect for a low carb diet – or if you’re not watching carbs, it is luxurious and decadent over pasta or rice.
Other one pot chicken dinners you’ll love:
Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet Recipe
Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken Tender Skillet is a delicious, hearty, tangy, and creamy dinner that is great over rice, vegetables, pasta - or on it's own!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp salt, celtic sea
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 onion, white , diced
- 1/4 cup garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers, drained (sliced, ring, or whole pepper all ok, decidebased on what you love)
- 1/2 cup sliced fire roasted, jarred red pepper strips, drained
- In a large, heavy pan, melt butter on medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan.
- Brown chicken on all sides, turning every couple minutes - about 8 minutes total.
- Remove chicken from pan (chicken might not be fully to 165 degrees internal temperature, which is fine)
- Add garlic and onion to pan, let brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and peppers and let reduce to half, another 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off, and slowly stir in cream and parmesan, whisking vigorously as you add cream.
- Slowly bring heat back to medium high, add italian seasoning, pepperoncinis, and chicken back to pan.
- Let sauce reduce to half and bring chicken fully to 165 fahrenheit internal temperature.
- Remove from heat and serve over vegetables, pasta, rice, or on own!
Amount Per Serving Calories 821Saturated Fat 29gCholesterol 275mgSodium 1135mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 49g