The Best Ever Cauliflower Rice Recipe - delicious easy low carb rice that is quick and easy to prepare and packed with rich buttery flavor even picky eaters love!
This easy cauliflower rice is a complete knockout - great in salads, bowls, and alongside dinners you'd normally add rice to.
It is very low in carbs and calories, but with a rich buttery flavor - you're going to love it!
You can use store bought pre-riced cauliflower, or use chopped cauliflower florets or a whole cauliflower head - this recipe is incredibly versatile.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Here at Sweet C's, we have lots of types of readers - those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
How to Rice Cauliflower
If you can't grab a bag of riced cauliflower from your grocery store (which does make this recipe much faster and easier, but can add to the cost), you can easily rice cauliflower at home.
To rice cauliflower, rough chop cauliflower florets and stems in a food processor until you have small bits.
Make sure to chop, don't blend.
Is Cauliflower Rice Low Carb?
This recipe for cauliflower rice is low carb diet compatible and keto diet approved, as we're using whole, fresh cauliflower that has not been processed.
Eating fresh, healthy, whole foods is a great way to feed your family - regardless of your diet or eating plan.
We designed this recipe to be adaptable to any herbs or spices you'd like to add to the recipe, but please consider the carb count of anything you add if using a pre-mixed spice packet like taco seasoning or ranch dressing powder.
How To Cook Cauliflower Without Smell
Cauliflower, and all cruciferous vegetables, can give off a bitter, funky smell when you cook them - so we're adding some acid from lemon juice to help combat the funky aroma cauliflower can give off.
Baking in the oven also helps to reduce cauliflower cooking smells by slow-roasting, giving it a nice nutty aroma, instead of a bitter smell.
Other Cauliflower Recipes You'll Love
If you love this delicious easy cauliflower rice recipe, check out some of our other cauliflower packed dishes that will get even the pickiest of eaters asking for more!
- The Best Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- The Best Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Garlic Lemon Baby Cauliflower Recipe
- The Best Easy Keto Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Easy Cauliflower Steaks With Red Pepper Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower with Cilantro Cashew Pesto
- Bacon Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli Recipe
- Paleo Salmon Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
You can find our entire cauliflower recipe archives here.
What to Serve With Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice goes will all sorts of main dishes and sides - but we love serving it with tasty low carb dishes like our famous baked pork tenderloin, air fryer chicken drumsticks, Easy Skillet Balsamic Chicken, Sheet Pan Mojo Chicken and Fajita Vegetables, Steak & Sriracha Lettuce Wraps, or delicious prime rib!
Check out some of our favorites below:
- The Best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- The Best Baked Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Keto Steak and Sausage Chili
- Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Cheesy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- Slow Cooker Keto Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
- One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks Recipe
You can see our complete keto recipe archives here.
Cauliflower rice can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
The Best Ever Cauliflower Rice
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Ever Cauliflower Rice - delicious easy low carb rice that tastes buttery and rich with very few calories!
- 1 cauliflower, bag pearled cauliflower or 1 head diced finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (you can also use garlic salt, but if you do, do not use additional salt or salted butter)
- 1 tbsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, add cauliflower and smooth to make an even spread across pan.
- Drizzle olive oil or melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, and salt over top.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy, or let cool and use for meal prep!
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1192mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Ps - looking for a great gluten free activity if you have kids with celiac? Try our moon sand!