Coming up with delicious, easy and quick snacks- that don’t rely on gluten- has been a bit of a challenge as I try to transition grain and gluten out of my diet for some health reasons. When I’m craving something quick for a snack or an easy dinner that doesnt require much prep OR cooking time, I often feel a bit stuck. Luckily, these easy and delicious Pizza Zucchinis are grain and gluten free, relatively low calorie, and extremely delicious!
I’ve seen a few varations of these online, but I made mine to be the easiest, tastiest I could come up with quickly. I personally don’t prefer to pre-bake the zucchini slices, since I like a firm crisp texture from the zucchinis. If you prefer yours a little more cooked, you can pre-cook the zucchinis for about 10-15 minutes before adding the sauce and cheese.
These are perfect as easy appetizers, great for lunch, and kind of taste like bagel bites- but with a lot more veggies! You’ll absolutely love them.
- 1 zucchini, washed well and ends cut off
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cooking spray (or lightly wipe olive oil on baking sheet).
- Slice zucchini into ¼" slices and place on baking sheet.
- Spread sauce on top of slices.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and any other pizza topping you'd like.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, remove and cool.