Easy vegan sheet-pan chorizo and vegetables for a spicy, smoky, and rich dinner even meat lovers will enjoy for a hearty meat-free meal that is great on its own, in tacos, burritos, wraps, or over rice!
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
One Pot Baked Vegan Chorizo Sheetpan Dinner
If you’re looking for. hearty, delicious meat-free dinner that even picky eaters will eat – this is one of my favorites.
We love serving this dish for meat-free mondays, during Lent, or anytime we’re looking for a spicy and hearty dinner that is filling and healthy – without meat. It’s great over rice in a bowl, in tacos or burritos, and in wraps. It’s also delicious served on it’s own, skillet-style.
While this dish doesn’t contain any meat, it is bursting with flavor! If you’re vegetarian, not vegan, you can top it with shredded cheese for even more flavor – or you could try a vegan cheese you love, too.
We hope you like this tasty dinner as much as we do!
How to Bake Vegan Chorizo and Vegetables
To make this one pot vegan dinner, you’ll need:
- Field roast chorizo – you can use another brand you love, but we’ve tested a few and think the texture and flavor of field roast’s chorizo sausages taste the meatiest and heartiest for picky meat-loving eaters.
- Yellow squash or zucchini – squash and zucchini are delicious when baked, and have a classic, clean flavor that pairs well with spicy foods and vegan substitutes.
- Onion – onion’s rich earthy flavor adds a subtle sweetness and a bit of a pungent, spicy kick.
- Shallot – shallot lends an earthy flavor similar to garlic and onion, with less heat and spice and a bit of sweet flavor that helps to tone down the spice in chorizo.
- Cremini mushrooms – cremini mushrooms take on a hearty, meat-like flavor when baked, and lend a soft, chewy texture to a sheet pan meal.
- Bell peppers – bell peppers are bright and beautiful, bringing a pop of color to your dinner and a bright, tangy, sweet, and earthy flavor.
- Green onions – green onions are a perfect subtly spicy accent to top sheet pan bakes with. They wilt quickly, so add at the very end or after cooking.
- Parchment paper – vegetables and vegan substitutes can stick horribly to baking sheets – even nonstick pans – so we suggest using parchment paper to bake this meal.
We will use the following method:
- Thoroughly wash all vegetables and remove vegan chorizo from plastic packaging.
- Slice vegetables into bite-size chinks – I aim for 1″ bites, or however you prefer to eat veggies. I sliced squash into half-moons, bell peppers into strips, and then 1″ bites, and onions into thin strips. Dice shallots.
- Lay parchment paper down on baking sheet and arrange chorizo and vegetables.
- Bake 25 minutes, stirring once to flip chorizo and brown vegetables on all sides.
- When chorizo is lightly browned and vegetables are soft and caramelized, remove from oven.
- Top with sliced green onions.
Tips to Perfect Vegan Chorizo and Vegetables & FAQs
This recipe is simple and delicious, simply cut, season, and bake to tender perfection.
You can swap out other vegetables if you’d like – or add other ingredients to kick it up a notch, using some of our suggestions below:
- Add black or pinto beans for a heartier meal that sticks to your ribs without adding meat.
- Add zucchini for more squash flavor.
- Use eggplant for more meaty flavor.
- Broccoli gives a bright green pop and classic vegetal flavor families love.
- Cauliflower rice bakes beautifully with sausage bake for a one-pot rice bowl!
Leftover vegan sausage bake can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days.
Vegan chorizo, like the meat variety, tends to give off a lot of liquid. We find it best to not add additional oil to prevent a slimy texture.
What to Serve With Baked Vegan Chorizo and Vegetables
For our complete vegan recipe index, click here.
Sheetpan Vegan Chorizo and Vegetables Dinner
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Hearty vegan chorizo sausage bake bursting with spicy, meaty flavor in just one pot.
- 3 vegan chorizo sausages, sliced into 1" rounds
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1" cunks
- 2 bell peppers, any color, seeded and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half and then into half-moons
- 1 shallot, diced
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- green onion, parsley, or cilantro, diced, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash vegetables well and remove chorizo from plastic.
- Cut vegetables and chorizo into 1" chunks, dice shallot.
- Arrange vegetables and chorizo on baking sheet, season liberally with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs seasoning.
- Bake 15 minutes, stir, and continue baking until lightly browned and vegetables are soft and tender.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Maldon Salt, Sea Salt Flakes, 8.5 oz (240 g), Kosher, Natural, Handcrafted, Gourmet, Pyramid Crystals
Morton & Bassett Italian Herbs 0.8 ounce
JOHO BAKING Non-Stick Cookie Sheet Pan Set,Baking Sheets for oven,Nonstick Bakeware Set Baking Tray,13inch,2-Piece,Champagne Gold
Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets, Pre-Cut Parchment Paper, 25 Sheets (Pack of 4), 100 Total Sheets
Field Roast Spicy Mexican Chipotle Sausage 13 Oz (4 Pack)
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 691mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.