Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus is a light, delicious, and easy dish bursting with flavor! Healthy and great for a family.
I LOVE salmon. And asparagus.
I also love simple, easy meals that taste decadent and rich, but are incredibly healthy – because I won’t lie, eating well isn’t always easy for me.
If I could, I’d live off fried food, cookie dough, and wine – but as I get older (and fatter), and deal with more and more health issues, we’ve been trying to add a lot more fish and vegetables in our diets.
Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE seafood and vegetables – but for being a food blogger, I am also the world’s WORST dinner planner. Sometimes its just all too easy to turn to a quick and not really healthy meal after a long day of work!
This meal is so simple, there is no excuse NOT to make it.
Plus, it’s a great way to add in a lot of color and flavor into lent, and beyond! This meal is so simple and delicious, it is a big hit for our family.
Even my picky eater will go for this salmon – and it doesn’t give ANY fishy taste or smell (we have some picky noses in our house, too – but this method doesn’t give any fishy smells!).
This would also be a perfect dinner party recipe for an effortlessly elegant meal. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- Salmon filet, ½ lb - 1 lb
- 1 large lemon, sliced into rounds or wedges
- 2 tbsp garlic paste or fresh minced garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp celtic sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add salmon and asparagus to sheetpan, spreading out so nothing is too crowded.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, and garlic and mix well.
- Drizzle oil, lemon juice, and garlic mixture over salmon and asparagus.
- Layer lemon on top.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until salmon is opaque and asparagus is soft.
- Serve immediately, either on its own, or alongside roasted potatoes, rice, or a nice salad.