The Best Easy Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce Recipe – delicious roasted red pepper marinara sauce that is perfect for spaghetti, linguine, and with all kinds of delicious pastas!
This roasted red pepper marinara recipe is a delicious, easy, and stunningly delicious vegan pasta sauce that is perfect for a comforting, hearty dinner the whole family will love.
While I’m serving this red pepper marinara simply over linguine, it is absolutely delicious with chicken, beef, pork, seafood, and vegetables. It is a truly versatile red pepper pasta sauce recipe that you can add your favorite ingredients into for a knockout dinner.
I love this sauce just poured over chicken or fish to bake them in – or simply over pastas (it really tastes great over zucchini pasta/zoodles for a keto vegan pasta dinner that is packed with flavor and nutrients.)
Just take me to the best easy roasted red pepper marinara sauce already!
If you’d like to get straight to the recipe, and skip my helpful tips and tricks, please scroll to the bottom of the post where you will find the easy printable recipe (just above the comments.)
I get a lot of questions so I try to add lots of helpful information into my posts, so you can get the best results every time.
To Make The Best Easy Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce Recipe You’ll Need:
Tips to Perfect Red Pepper Marinara Linguine
- Cook Linguine to al dente.
- When boiling pasta, save 1/2 cup of the water the pasta cooks in, and add it to the sauce before serving.
- This tip sounds really weird – but adding pasta water to sauce helps the sauce emulsify, making the sauce stick to the pasta better and bringing all that delicious red pepper sauce flavor to perfection in every bite.
- Swap ingredients for what you prefer.
- This recipe has a ton of roasted red pepper flavor – but is also meant to work well with lots of other flavors and ingredients. Replace things you don’t like with something you do – mix in a little of something else you have on hand, feel free to add and make this recipe your own!
What to Serve With The Best Easy Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce Recipe:
This roasted red pepper marinara sauce recipe comes together perfectly – and is great with all sorts of meats, vegetables, and seafood!
For some of my favorites, find below:
- Add grilled Chicken
- Add sautéed shrimp
- Add roasted eggplant, broccoli, or asparagus
- Serve over zucchini noodles with diced chicken breasts and mushrooms.
- Spoon roasted red pepper sauce over rice, quinoa, or into risotto!
The Best Easy Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce Recipe
If you love the best easy roasted red pepper marinara sauce recipe as much as I do, please rate the recipe five stars and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
The Best Easy Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce Recipe - delicious roasted red pepper marinara sauce that is perfect for spaghetti, linguine, and with all kinds of delicious pastas!
- 2 28 ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can/6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- In a large bowl, crush the whole tomatoes with your fingers to form a course puree.
- Stir in the tomato paste, salt, pepper flakes, sugar, basil, and parsley, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes (do not brown the garlic).
- Add the tomato mixture, and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- When sauce is almost complete, and pasta is boiling, remove 1/2 cup of starchy pasta cooking water and add it to sauce, bring to a gentle boil, and let sauce emulsify and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Saturated Fat 1gSodium 1013mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 3g