My son has been asking for “nanna bread” for weeks. I absolutely love Bananna Bread, but I’m never really patient enough to wait the 45 minutes to an hour to make it. Yea, I’m pretty lazy like that. So while going through some old posts, I saw my 10 minute baked doughnut hole recipe, and it hit me– Make some 10 minute baked banana bread doughnut holes!
These little doughnut holes are so delicious- but technically, they aren’t really doughnut holes. We’re not frying them- we’re “baking” them in a cake pop machine (if you dont have a cake pop machine you can also use a cake pop pan, but that will add about 10 minutes to the time).
These are a delicious way to eat banana bread- that even your pickiest eaters will love. They come out delicious and golden brown without over drying. And you can add a nice layer of delicious sugar to them (which we always do) because it makes them taste like the yummy doughnut hole treats we like to grab at our minor league hockey games and at the county fair.
You can also add a little cinnamon to the topping- but I like these with just a bit of sugar. These are sure to be a big hit with your whole family, for breakfast, lunch or an anytime snack!
- -1 1/2 cups flour
- -1 teaspoon baking soda
- -1/2 cup butter, softened
- -2 eggs
- -1 cup sugar, + 1/2 cup for dusting
- -2 large very ripe bananas
- -1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- -1/2 cup milk
- -1/4 cup cinnamon, for dusting
- Fill a large bowl or paper bag with cinnamon and sugar to top and set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter in a stand mixer.
- Add in eggs, mix thoroughly.
- Add in vanilla, milk and extracts.
- Slowly fold in flour and baking soda- be careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into a squeeze bottle or a ziploc bag with the tip cut off.
- Squeeze batter to fill bottom of a well heated and greased cake pop machine.
- Cook according to manufacturers directions (about 5 minutes).
- While piping hot out of the machine, dump into sugar and cinnamon bag/bowl and toss to evenly coat.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 52mgSodium 184mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 3g