In fall, it seems like pumpkin spice stuff pops up everywhere. There’s a great reason for seeing the sultry spicy treats anywhere you look- perfectly pumpkin treats are the most comforting fall treat. This year, I have a few special pumpkin spice additions to my favorite recipes- and today’s 10 Minute Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes are no less than a gigantic hit in our house!
These doughnut holes are delicious, moist, full of ginger and cinnamon- with fall’s must have spice profile. My kids love these fresh and hot out of my cake pop machine- and they love to help roll them in cinnamon sugar before popping a bunch of them in their mouths and washing it all down with some apple cider. It’s the perfect autumn breakfast!
I use a cakepop machine to make these- but if you have a doughnut hole pan, you’ll need to bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the doughnut holes comes clean. You can also make these as muffins- just adjust baking time to 15-20 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes clean.
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- water, to loosen
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- For The Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar, (give or take, depending on desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, salt, spices and sugar in one bowl, set aside.
- Sift flour and baking soda into mixture slowly as you fold it in.
- This might seem like a pain, but it will prevent lumps!
- When mixture is completely combined, add up to 1/4 cup water to loosen mixture so that it is slightly runny- like a thick cake.
- Add to cakepop maker for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove when very hot and roll in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar until coated.
Amount Per Serving Calories 400 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 37mg Sodium 307mg Carbohydrates 67g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 37g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g