These sweet, simple, delicious donut holes can be easily made in your cake pop machine or a donut hole pan. They are a wonderful fall spicy treat!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Simple Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
In fall, it seems like pumpkin spice stuff pops up everywhere. There's a great reason for seeing the sultry spicy treats anywhere you look- perfectly pumpkin treats are the most comforting fall treat. This year, I have a few special pumpkin spice additions to my favorite recipes- and today's 10 Minute Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes are no less than a gigantic hit in our house!
These doughnut holes are delicious, moist, full of ginger and cinnamon- with fall's must have spice profile. My kids love these fresh and hot out of my cake pop machine- and they love to help roll them in cinnamon sugar before popping a bunch of them in their mouths and washing it all down with some apple cider. It's the perfect autumn breakfast!
I use a cakepop machine to make these- but if you have a doughnut hole pan, you'll need to bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the doughnut holes comes clean. You can also make these as muffins- just adjust baking time to 15-20 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes clean.
How to make Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
First you will want to assemble the following ingredients:
- Pumpkin puree - pumpkin gives this an earthy flavor and soft texture.
- Eggs - eggs will give structure and richness to the doughnut holes.
- Vegetable oil - oil will keep moisture and add fat to these.
- Water - water loosens the mixture.
- Sugar - this will help sweeten the donut holes which is what we want here.
- Whole wheat all-purpose flour - while you can use any type of flour I prefer whole wheat.
- Baking soda - baking soda gives these donut holes a nice lift and lightness.
- Salt - salt helps draw the flavors or the pumpkin spices out.
- Cloves, Nutmeg, Cinnamon - this spice combination is classic for fall and will give a nice rich autumn flavor.
- Sugar - you will need some more sugar for rolling.
- Cinnamon - cinnamon will add some heat to the rolling sugar.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use this method
Combine Wet. Mix the pumpkin, eggs, salt, spices, oil, and sugar together in a bowl.
Mix Dry. Sift the flour and baking soda into mixture and fold it into the wet ingredients. When combined add up to ¼ cup of water to loosen the mixture so its slightly runny like a thick cake.
Bake. Grease the cake pop machine and add mix to cake pop maker for 10 minutes or till cooked through. Roll holes immediately in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Tips and Tricks for Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
Use a cake pop machine. It is always best to use a cake pop machine if you have one or can get one. The result will be better than with a doughnut hole pan.
Grease it well. Grease the machine or cake pop pan very well so you don't have to struggle to get them out of the pan.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the pantry.
Yes, but I recommend re-rolling them after reheating them to get that nice crispy doughnut hole outside.
More Delicious Desserts
Try these other delicious desserts next time you need a sugar fix.
10 Minute Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Spicy donut holes packed with fall pumpkin spices and rolled in spices and sugar.
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- water, to loosen
- 3 ½ cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
For Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, salt, spices, sugar, and oil in one bowl, set aside.
- Sift flour and baking soda into mixture slowly as you fold it in.
- This might seem like a pain, but it will prevent lumps!
- When mixture is completely combined, add up to ¼ cup water to loosen mixture so that it is slightly runny- like a thick cake.
- Add to cake pop maker for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Mix the remaining cup of sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Remove doughnut holes and while still hot roll in the cinnamon sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 37mgSodium 303mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 5gSugar 36gProtein 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.