In fall, it seems like pumpkin spice stuff pops up everywhere. There’s a great reason for seeing the sultry spicy treats anywhere you look- perfectly pumpkin treats are the most comforting fall treat. This year, I have a few special pumpkin spice additions to my favorite recipes- and today’s 10 Minute Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes are no less than a gigantic hit in our house!
These doughnut holes are delicious, moist, full of ginger and cinnamon- with fall’s must have spice profile. My kids love these fresh and hot out of my cake pop machine- and they love to help roll them in cinnamon sugar before popping a bunch of them in their mouths and washing it all down with some apple cider. It’s the perfect autumn breakfast!
I use a cakepop machine to make these- but if you have a doughnut hole pan, you’ll need to bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the doughnut holes comes clean. You can also make these as muffins- just adjust baking time to 15-20 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes clean.
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- water, to loosen
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- For The Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar, (give or take, depending on desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, salt, spices and sugar in one bowl, set aside.
- Sift flour and baking soda into mixture slowly as you fold it in.
- This might seem like a pain, but it will prevent lumps!
- When mixture is completely combined, add up to 1/4 cup water to loosen mixture so that it is slightly runny- like a thick cake.
- Add to cakepop maker for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove when very hot and roll in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar until coated.
Amount Per Serving Calories 400Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 37mgSodium 307mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 5gSugar 37gProtein 7g