Best Jalapeno Onion Bacon Hot Dogs
May 06, 2015, Updated Jan 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These delicious hot dogs are wrapped in bacon, topped with rich caramelized onions and spicy diced jalapeno. Who could ask for anything more!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Best Jalapeno Onion Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Jalapeno Onion Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs are one of summer’s best meals- based off of street-style bacon dogs in Los Angeles and at Dodgers games- these are always a huge hit with our family!
One of our favorite things to do in summer is go to baseball games and eat delicious ballpark dogs. Unfortunately, we live a bit far from my favorite team- the Los Angeles Dodgers- and the LA street style bacon wrapped dogs that I’d love to snack on during a ballgame. This Jalapeno Onion Bacon Hot Dog recipe is a sure hit at home!
It is so easy to get these incredibly sinful hot dogs- you won’t want to eat plain old dogs ever again! I love lots of browned onions and tons of diced jalapenos on mine- but you could experiment with lots of flavor combinations- like fresh corn, roasted poblanos, green chili- the sky is the limit!
So let’s get going and make a homerun dinner with these delicious Bacon Dogs! These also make an awesome party food idea- just make ahead of time and reheat the bacon dogs right before serving! You can also set up a toppings bar so people can make their own delicious custom bacon wrapped dog!
How to make Jalapeno Onion Bacon Hot Dogs
First assemble the following ingredients:
- Butter – use salted butter to heat the pan and make it nonstick while adding some flavor.
- Onions – halve the onions and slice them well since you want them to caramelize so the thinner they are the better the heat can get to them.
- Hot Dogs – you want to get cured hot dogs so you don’t have to worry about them being fully cooked in the pan. I always prefer all beef hot dogs.
- Bacon – use thick cut bacon to wrap the hot dogs, you can use peppered bacon or even maple bacon for this.
- Hot Dog Buns – you will need these to nest your hot doggies in when they are cooked. You can omit if you are low carb or keto.
- Jalapeños – this spicy pepper add a nice hit of spice when they are de-seeded and diced, see notes below.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Cook onions. Heat the butter in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat until bubbly. Add the onions and sauté until brown. Set aside.
Hot dogs. Wrap the hot dogs in bacon and fasten with toothpicks. Add the bacon wrapped dogs to the pan and cook on medium low heat until the bacon is brown and crisp. Set aside and remove the toothpicks.
Assemble. Place the hot dogs in the buns, top with the grilled onions and diced jalapenos. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Jalapeno Onion Bacon Hot Dogs
Make minis. If you want to make mini bacon jalapeno, onion, bacon hot dogs you can use little smokies or cocktail wieners.
Add cheese. If you want to add cheese you can add shredded on top of the hot dog or place a thick strip of cheese against the hot dog before wrapping it in bacon. Use the bacon to hold it in place and it will cook with the hot dog.
Wear gloves. When you are deseeding and dicing the jalapenos make sure you wear gloves and don’t touch your eyes or mouth. If you don’t wear gloves your hands any anything you touch will burn all day.
Store leftover hot dogs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave
Yes, they reheat very well! You can keep them wrap in a slow cooker if need be.
What to serve with your Spicy Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Whether it’s game day or not these jalapeno onion bacon wrapped hot dogs will taste delicious alongside any of these Sweet C’s favorites sides.
Jalapeno Onion Bacon Hot Dogs Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, halved and then cut into long thin strips
- 8 beef hot dogs, cured or precooked
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 jalapeños, de-seeded and diced
- In a large pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted and slightly bubbly.
- Add onions and sauté until brown. Set aside.
- Wrap the hot dogs in bacon and fasten with toothpicks.
- Add bacon wrapped dogs to the pan and cook on medium-low until bacon has crisped.
- Remove the toothpicks, set the hot dogs in the buns and top with grilled onions, diced jalapeños, and other preferred toppings!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Ninja FD401 Foodi 12-in-1 Deluxe XL 8 qt. Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer that Steams, Slow Cooks, Sears, Sautés, Dehydrates & More, with 5 qt. Crisper Basket, Deluxe Reversible Rack & Recipe Book, Silver
Utopia Kitchen 12 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast iron Skillet - Frying Pan - Safe Grill Cookware for indoor & Outdoor Use - Chef's Pan - Cast Iron Pan (Black)
Food Grade Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs for Cooking,BBQ - 7 ，9 and 12 Inch,Set of 3 Heavy Duty Locking Metal Food Tongs Non-Slip Grip
WÜSTHOF Classic 7" Santoku Knife
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 47mgSodium 895mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 15g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.