Cheesy Taco Spaghetti Recipe - spicy pasta loaded with taco meat, peppers, tomatoes, and tons of melted cheese!
If your family loves taco night, they are going to flip for this hearty taco pasta recipe. It is loaded with cheese, taco meat, and fresh flavor - perfect to gather the whole family around.
This is one taco dinner the kids will beg to eat again and again - and it is so easy to whip up, you won't mind making it!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
At Sweet C's we have lots of types of readers - those who would like lots of information with their recipe, some who need a few extra tips and tricks, and some who'd like to get straight to cooking.
We've included a clickable table of contents below that will take you directly to the section you'd like to read, and a skip to recipe button in the top left corner to help you navigate this information quickly.
Table of contents
Cheesy Taco Spaghetti
This dinner is totally easy, incredibly filling, packed with flavor and tons of ooey, gooey, melted cheese!
We're browning taco meat and vegetables, and then cooking spaghetti right in the same pot - to make your dinner an all in one meal so you can go from the stove to the table with less stress, and less mess!
Trust me, this is one pasta dinner you won't need to beg your kids to eat... they will be begging you to make it over and over.
We know you're going to love this one pot pasta and how super simple it is - even beginner home cooks can knock this skillet pasta out of the park without any cooking experience.
- This easy dinner cooks in just ONE POT - so way less cleanup!
- NO PICKY EATERS - kids love the flavor of this pasta - and how fun it is to eat.
- Like it hot? Add more spice! Like it mild? Cut back on the kick. This recipe is meant to be really flexible.
- Use what you have on hand - don't worry if you don't have the exact ingredients, this recipe can be changed up to work with what you like and what's in your fridge.
Tips To Perfect One Pot Pasta
This pasta is incredibly easy to make - brown the meat and vegetables, stir in liquid and add pasta to cook to al dente, and then melt cheese - but there are a couple tips we have found to help keep one pot pasta perfect, every time.
- Don't overcook! Spaghetti should be cooked to al dente, with a little bit of bite to it, so it doesn't turn to mush, especially if you think you will have leftovers.
- Don't overstir. This can make pasta gummy.
- Add cheese after pasta has cooked, to prevent burning on the bottom of your pan.
- Don't add too much water - your spaghetti needs enough water to soak up and soften, but not too much to water down your skillet!
What To Serve With Taco Spaghetti
This easy one pot dinner really is a hearty dish all on it's own - but the flavors pair fabulously with a lot of our delicious, easy to make side dishes!
For more of our dishes with tons of Mexican food inspired flavor, find our recent favorites below:
You can find our complete taco, burrito, fajita, and salsa recipe archives here.
You can store taco spaghetti in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Yes! Greek yogurt is a great swap for sour cream in this taco pasta recipe.
You can use a different pasta - but you will need to adjust the cooking time. We tested this recipe with spaghetti - other pasta will have different cook time, though they will work.
Cheesy Taco Spaghetti Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning, 1 (1oz.) package
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10oz.) can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican cheese
- grape tomatoes, sliced for garnish
- Jalapeno, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large deep pan (or pot) and add ground beef, crumble and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning, diced pepper, and Rotel tomatoes to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add water and spaghetti, spreading the spaghetti out slightly on the top so it’s somewhat submerged and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until al dente, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and Mexican cheese until melted.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro before serving, if desired.
- Greek yogurt can be used in place of sour cream.
- This recipe was only tested with spaghetti so I cannot speak to the cook time of other pasta or if they will work.
- This recipe would also work with ground chicken or turkey.
- Additional cheese can be added, if desired.
- When reheating, you may need to add additional sour cream to loosen it back up.
Amount Per Serving Calories 726Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 153mgSodium 1254mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 46g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.