Easy Chicken Enchilada Pie Bake is a one pot layered chicken enchilada casserole that is bursting with cheesy green chile and chicken enchilada flavor!
Every year, when the calendar turns towards fall and kids start to go back to school, there is one thing on my mind.
(Ok, there are two – my imminent freedom during the workday is one…)
But the other?
Living in Colorado, fall is synonymous with green chiles. You can smell them being roasted outside of farmers markets, grocery stores, restaurants, and roadside chile stands – it is heaven.
And when I think of green chiles, I immediately think of Enchiladas. Or rather, cheesy chicken enchilada pie baked in the oven and smothered with green chile.
Excuse me, I’m drooling a bit just thinking about it.
There is nothing more comforting in fall to me than a deliciously hearty, cheesy, and spicy layered chicken enchilada bake. It is one of my all-time favorite fall comfort foods – and I know this easy recipe will soon be one of yours, too!
If you love green chile chicken enchiladas, this Green Chile Enchilada Casserole bake is for you!
It is so cheesy, and loaded with tomatoes, beans, sour cream, chicken, and topped with tons of cheese and olives!
Easy Chicken Enchilada Pie Bake combines green chile and cheesy layered enchilada casserole flavors everyone loves!
This easy layered enchilada is seriously so easy – I even like to bake it in parchment paper, so all I have to do is lift out the mess when I’m done – for a truly no-mess, no-fuss one pot chicken enchilada casserole!
Of course, this isn’t just any green chile enchilada pie. We’re using my super secret (well, not so secret, since I’m linking the recipe to this post….) method to perfect shredded chicken.
I’ll let you guess what the chicken’s secret ingredient is….. (are you paying attention? Of course, it’s more green chiles!!!)
This enchilada pie is perfect for fall weather – and hearty enough to serve at football games, for dinner parties, or just cozy nights in.
And as with all tailgate food, this casserole is even better each time you reheat it!
These layered chicken enchiladas are also great as a make ahead – just heat to serve!
You could even make this green chile enchilada pie recipe in a big aluminum pan set inside another with water (a sort of jumbo sized double boiler) – and then pop it all on a grill for a tailgate meal EVERYONE will cheer for!
Expect to get requests for this cheesy chicken enchilada casserole all the time!
For more of my favorite deliciously easy dinners, check out some of my favorite recipes below:
Loaded Nacho Fries
Easy Chicken Enchilada Pie Bake
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 bell pepper, halved and sliced into long thin strips (pre-sauteed, or raw)
- 1 onion, halved and sliced into long strips (pre-sauteed, or raw)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups 505 (or similar brand) green chile enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup olives, sliced into rings
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Lay half the tortillas down as the bottom layer, spaced out in two rows, to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add peppers and onions, spread around the bottom.
- Add beans, sour cream, chicken, and green chile enchilada sauce, in layers.
- Place rest of tortillas on the top, spaced out in two rows.
- Smother with additional green chile enchilada sauce.
- Top with cheese and olives.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.