Easy Peach Cobbler - deliciously simple peach cobbler made in a skillet with fresh peaches in less than 40 minutes!
This peach cobbler is super simple - using fresh peaches and ingredients you probably already have on hand.
There's nothing better than a big bowl of cobbler with tons of melted ice cream after dinner - and this is one dessert that doesn't take a lot of advanced planning.
This peach cobbler comes together in seconds and bakes in less than 40 minutes, so you can have dessert done before you're up from the dinner table!
Just Take Me To The Recipe Already!
Sweet C's has made a commitment to providing more information for our loyal readers who have asked for more information along with recipes to feel more comfortable cooking in the kitchen.
If you'd rather skip over the extra text, please click the "skip to recipe" button in the top left corner.
To Make This Recipe You'll Need
Peach cobbler is fantastically easy - no special tools or equipment needed!
- Nonstick oven safe skillet
- Mixing bowls
- Sharp knife
- Fresh peaches
What Skillet To Use For Peach Cobbler
While many people use cast iron skillets if they have been well seasoned, I prefer a nonstick skillet for easy cleanup.
Look for heavy, smooth nonstick pans that are oven safe (do not have plastic handles.)
I personally use ceramic coated nonstick pans because I like the way they clean without added toxins, but any large pan you love will work.
To scrub your pans without harming the nonstick coating, click here for my favorite cleaning brush.
How To Store and Reheat Peach Cobbler
This peach cobbler can be made ahead of time and saved before baking, or after baking - making it a great easy make-ahead dessert for neighbor gifts, meal trains, etc.
To reheat from frozen, bake right from freezer until top lightly browns and peaches are perfectly bubbly hot!
Other Easy Desserts You'll Love
If you love this easy dessert, be sure to check out more of our sweet after dinner favorites!
The top of the cobbler will brown and slightly crisp, and the peaches will be bubbling hot when done.
While some baked cobblers are designed for canned peaches, or peach pie filling, this recipe was designed to be used with fresh peaches, or fresh-frozen and then thawed and drained peaches. Canned peaches will be too sweet and too watery in this preparation.
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious easy peach cobbler baked in a skillet in under an hour with fresh peaches and tons of family friendly flavor!
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 12 tablespoons of butter (softened)
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 8 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the flour, ½ cup of white sugar, brown sugar, salt and baking powder together until combined.
- Mix the egg, milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until combined.
- Pour it over the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter with the remaining sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice, then pour it over the peaches and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan or a large cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into the skillet/pan and layer in the peach slices.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust has turned a light golden color.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Amount Per Serving Calories 444Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 71mgSodium 453mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 3gSugar 51gProtein 5g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this easy recipe, be sure to check out our other reader favorites!