Delicious and creamy espresso eggnog shooters are a delicious festive shot perfect to get the party started!
It’s not a holiday if you aren’t at least a little bit drunk by 9am.
In my early 20’s that was certainly my mantra.
Sadly, (or maybe appropriately) I still kind of stick to this jovial interpretation of celebrating holidays.
I received a Ninja Coffee Bar to try out some delicious new coffee drinks with- and I’ve had so much fun experimenting! The coffee bar itself is a great brewer- it can brew like normal, can do a cold brew, or even an espresso-style specialty brew (which we’re using for this recipe).
It also comes with an awesome milk frother- so you can make coffee-house style drinks easily at home! It is kind of like a little plunger in a tall glass that you place warm milk into and pump it to get rich, creamy foam.
Getting this machine before Christmas has been extra fun- I have had such a blast coming up with festive drinks!
While visiting my family at their beach house in Florida’s panhandle, we tested out the machine and came up with these tasty little shooters that are perfect for a Christmas party, or even on Christmas morning! Since you’ll be splitting the recipe 8 ways, it is alcoholic- but won’t get you faced.
(perfect for holiday madness! just don’t ever drink and drive.)
Eggnog Espresso Shooters
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 oz espresso, specialty brew from a ninja coffee bar
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1/3 cup whole milk, foamed
- pinch nutmeg
- In a pan on low heat, heat milk and eggnog until warm.
- Add espresso and nutmeg, stir to mix. Remove from heat.
- Add whiskey.
- Microwave or steam 1/2 cup of milk and use a ninja coffee bar milk frother to add foam and thickness.
- Pour warmed coffee mix into shot glasses or small mugs.
- Top with a little milk foam.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49 Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g