Rich, hearty meaty flavor without any dairy or meat make these meaty vegan quesadillas a delicious meal you can’t get enough of!
Quesadillas are one of my favorite foods.
And really- they kind of count as an entire food group.
Bread, veggies, meat… and glorious, ooey, gooey cheese.
So… when I’m trying to eat a bit lighter and stick to meat-free dishes, quesadillas aren’t the first thing I think of.
I recently made a delicious vegan taco skillet that honestly tastes meaty (with no soy, tofu, processed foods…) I decided to add it to a tortilla to see how it went.
The results were amazing!
It is creamy with no cheese- and the veggies are toothsome enough to not feel like mush. All around, a huge win!
These delicious, creamy (without cheese!!!) quesadillas rest pretty much on this awesome Paleo Vegan Taco Skillet recipe.
It has a TON of meaty flavor- and really has a creamy texture in a quesadilla! It is perfect between some slightly toasted tortillas!
Meaty Vegan Quesadillas
This creamy, meaty quesadilla has a rich flavor with no soy, dairy, meat - or processed junk! Filling and full of vegetables and protein!
- Per Quesadilla
- 1/2 cup ground beef, hot meaty taco skillet filling
- 1 large tortilla
- Heat a large cast iron or nonstick pan on medium high until hot to the touch (sprinkle a little water in the pan to know if it is hot- it will sizzle if it is!)
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add filling into 1/2 of tortilla, and place filling side up in pan.
- Let tortilla soften for about 30 seconds, then fold over.
- Cook on low until lightly browned, about four minutes.
- Flip and cook on other side until lightly browned.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Saturated Fat 8gCholesterol 79mgSodium 75mgProtein 19g