This delicious and easy mint milkshake made with ice cream is a creamy and craveworthy cool treat. Mint milkshakes are minty and delicious without being overwhelming. The chocolate and mint is the perfect smooth and creamy combination.
Easy Blender Mint Milkshakes
Making a milkshake with your blender is an easy way to have these yummy treats right at home. You don’t have to go to a restaurant or a drive-through just to get a creamy and delicious milkshake.
One of the great things about a mint milkshake is that although it’s thick and rich, the mint makes it deliciously refreshing!
With just a few simple ingredients, these mint milkshakes are so easy to make. Making these drinks is also fun! As soon as I pull the blender out, my whole family gets excited!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
How to Make Mint Milkshakes
First gather your ingredients –
- Chocolate Sauce – Chocolate sauce is a staple for all kind of desserts including sundaes and to top brownies. It will generally thicken when chilled, and will thin our when it’s warmed up, so I like to use chocolate sauce straight from the refrigerator for this recipe.
- Mint Chip Ice Cream – Mint chip ice cream is really the basis of this entire recipe. There are many different brands with slightly different flavors. I generally look for a mint chocolate ice cream that’s more subtly minty for this recipe.
- Whole Milk – Whole milk milk as close as possible to the way it comes from the cow. Different milks (skim and 2%) have some of the fat removed. Whole milk is the creamiest and richest ingredient option for milkshakes.
- Whipped cream – Whether you like whipped cream from the can, or to whip your own (whipping cream, powdered sugar, and a pinch of salt) – whipped cream is a perfect topping for milkshakes.
- Cherry – Is there anything more iconic on a milkshake than the cherry on top? Marachino cherries are the most traditional type for desserts and drinks. It’s the perfect topper for this recipe.
Once you have all your ingredients, use the following method to make your milkshake:
- Prep – To prepare your glass, pour some chocolate sauce onto a plate. Place your milkshake glass upside down on the plate to create a chocolate rim around the glass.
- Milkshake making blender method – Spoon ice cream and milk into your blender. Blend on low until smooth and creamy. If you notice ice cream getting stuck, use a pulsing action to dislodge.
- Milkshake making stick blender method – Spoon ice cream into your milkshake glass and then pour milk over it. Submerge your stick blender into the the mixture and turn it on low. Blend until smooth.
- Milkshake making jar method – Spoon ice cream into a jar with lid, using a spoon, mix ice cream until smooth and creamy. Once soft and stirrable, pour milk over the mixture. Screw lid onto jar and shake until blended.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry to complete your milkshake!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Mint Milkshakes
Try putting the glasses you’re going to use for the milkshakes in the freezer before making these, chilled glasses keep the milkshake thick longer and also is a nice touch!
Serve these milkshakes as a dessert or special treat! They’re festive and fun.
Homemade milkshakes are a great way to help teach kiddos how to cook. With simple ingredients and a fun recipe, they’ll start to pick it up fast!
Yes! If you want to use 2% or skim, you can do that, too. However, whole milk will make a thicker and creamier milkshake.
Many fast food restaurants (Arby’s, McDonald’s, Chic-fil-A) all have seasonal mint milkshake offerings. Usually these places will have a milkshake maker and use a mix. I prefer the taste and consistency of a home-blended milkshake.
Other Delicious Desserts You’ll Love
If you love these milkshakes and you’re looking for another sweet treat to serve with them, check out our Cowboy Cookies, Homemade Lucky Charms Treats, Jumbo Funfetti Cookies, or some of our recent favorites:
Mint Milkshake Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious blender mint milkshakes just like a Shamrock Shake at home!
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
- 2 cups mint chip ice cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Whipped cream
- Pour your chocolate sauce onto a plate. Dip the rim of your glass into the chocolate sauce, and set it aside.
- Put your mint ice cream and milk into the blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into the prepared glass.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Regal 16 oz. Red Maraschino Cherries with Stems
Cedilis 6 Pack Milkshake Glass with 6 Long Metal Spoons,Old Fashioned Soda Glasses, Fountain Classic Glass for Ice Cream, Clear, 12oz
KitchenAid Variable Speed Corded Hand Blender - KHBV53
Vitamix Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Low-Profile Container, Red (Renewed Premium)
Amount Per Serving Calories 946Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 139mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 130gFiber 5gSugar 111gProtein 17g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply