You will instantly fall in love with these salty cheesy zucchini bites. These super simple quick zucchini slices make the perfect healthy side or appetizer.
Here at Sweet C’s we know we have lots of types of readers – some who want lots of information about the recipes they are making, some who want just certain tips, and some who want to get straight to the recipe. While our posts are longer and broken up into many sections, we do this to provide you with enough information to feel empowered to make a great dish every time you step in the kitchen, no matter your comfort level cooking.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Simple Quick Parmesan Zucchini Bites
That season comes every year where all my neighbors and everyone I know has zucchini coming out of their eyeballs from their gardens. Along with loads of zucchini bread and grilled zucchini I love making these parmesan zucchini bites as a quick side.
I love the simplicity of this recipe. Parmesan cheese is one of my favorites since it has a beautiful salty nutty flavor. It needs a high temperature to melt well which is why I broil these right at the end to crisp up the cheese. Your family is sure to enjoy these soft and salty cheesy nibbles.
How To Make Parmesan Zucchini
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Zucchini – zucchini have a soft texture and a mild sweet flavor when baked. They release a lot of moisture when heated so make sure you pat your zucchini slices down well after cutting it and before seasoning and baking.
- Olive oil – olive oil has a slightly bitter flavor and is perfect for coating the zucchini so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Feel free to use your favorite oil.
- Garlic salt – garlic salt will add a strong garlic flavor without the liquid that would come from fresh garlic. You can sprinkle a little more on at the end if you want a stronger garlic taste.
- Salt and pepper – use fresh ground salt and pepper to draw the natural flavor and moisture out of the zucchini.
- Parmesan – you want to use fresh grated or pre-shredded parmesan for this recipe since it will melt well. Parmesan has a rich, nutty, salty taste and is the star of the show.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Step 1 – Put the zucchini slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Spread the oil out until they are well covered then spread them out into a single layer. Sprinkle with the spices and top each slice with parmesan.
- Step 2 – Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the zucchini are fork tender then broil them on high for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Step 3 – Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks To Perfect Parmesan Zucchini:
Check out these tips and tricks for perfect parmesan zucchini bites!
Tip 1 – Use zucchini and yellow squash. You can use a mixture of sliced zucchini and yellow squash for this recipe if you want. You can bake the yellow squash the same way you bake the zucchini.
Tip 2 – Add more spices. You can add additional spices to your spice mix. I like to add some red pepper flakes and some Italian seasonings if I am serving these alongside pasta. I use about ½ teaspoon sprinkled across the zucchini to get that extra flavor across.
Can I substitute a different cheese? – Yes, just remember that different cheeses will melt at different rates. A medium soft cheese like cheddar will melt faster than parmesan. Feel free to use a mixture of cheeses too.
What’s the best way to keep leftovers? You can keep leftovers in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the microwave
What to serve with Parmesan Zucchini?
I love to making these alongside, Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta, a delicious and simple 20 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken and Mushroom Pasta, some Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta, or our Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs Recipe! These zucchini slices are also a great easy appetizer for big holiday dinners for low-carb diners, making it perfect alongside Ribeye Roast!
For more of our main dishes, find our recent favorites here:
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious, easy, cheesy low carb baked zucchini slices.
- 2 medium zucchini sliced into 1/4 to 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan pre-shredded or shaved is fine
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional for easy cleanup)
- Place zucchini slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until well-coated. Spread slices out into a single layer.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Top each slice with parmesan.
- Bake on center rack for about 10 minutes, until zucchini is just fork tender. Set broiler on high and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 22mgSodium 627mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.