20 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken and Mushroom pasta – a delicious and easy chicken pasta in a garlic butter sauce!
This quick chicken pasta is perfect for a family dinner, but dressy enough for a dinner party – it’s sure to become a favorite in your weekly rotation.
Keto version using shirataki noodles included in the notes.
I love big, piping hot bowls of rich buttery pasta – especially when there is a ton of garlic.
This pasta is simple and easy – perfect for a busy weeknight – but also full of flavor and special enough to be for a dinner party, served family style!
It’s also a really adaptable pasta dish – you can add asparagus, peppers, eggplant, green beans, peas, or carrots if you don’t like mushrooms.
Play around with this dish to make it your own – and be sure to check my notes below for a low carb chicken pasta version!
Just Take Me To The 20 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Already!
I have readers from all level skill and comfort in the kitchen on my site – and I get a lot of questions on recipes.
As a commitment to my readers, I include a lot of information so they can be as comfortable making these dishes as possible. If that is too much for you, please scroll to the bottom where you will find the recipe – or click the “skip to recipe” button on the top left of this post.
Keto Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta
While the dish as listed is definitely NOT keto approved, you can make this a keto friendly dish with shirataki noodles!
Shirataki Noodles are traditional Japanese noodles made from the konjac yam – they are incredibly high in fiber and low carb, making them a good swap for low carb dieters.
Prepare shirataki noodles according to package directions.
I usually open the package and drain water the noodles come in – as it can have a bit of a funky smell – and rinse noodles with cold water.
I then boil for five minutes, and drain.
Next, in this chicken pasta recipe, you will add shirataki noodles to pan with garlic after chicken has cooked – just before making the garlic butter sauce in directions below.
Continue making dish as written below after adding shirataki noodles, ignoring pasta listed.
How To Pan Fry Chicken Breasts:
–Don’t crowd the pan. Chicken needs room in the pan to brown and create a lovely, crispy crunch on the outside.
-Don’t Overflip Chicken. Chicken tastes better with lovely browning on each side – don’t flip so often your chicken doesn’t brown.
-Cut Chicken Ahead. In the photos for this recipe I am using whole chicken breasts, but if you want to reduce the cooking time – or want to serve your chicken pasta with bite sized chicken/sliced chicken breasts, cut the chicken while still raw instead of after cooking, to keep chicken from drying out.
Tips To Make Garlic Butter Sauce:
-Be sure to scrape up the bits! When adding the wine and stock to form the sauce, be sure to scrape up any lovely browned chicken or mushroom bits from the pan. Those lend the best flavor!
-Don’t burn your garlic or undercook it! Garlic, when soft and fragrant, is a wonderful thing… but think of it more as a very gentile browning session – don’t let your garlic get too hot, or it will be bitter.
Other Pasta Dinners the Whole Family Will Love:
If you love this easy chicken garlic pasta dinner, check out some of my other favorite pasta dishes:
To Make This 20 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken and Mushroom Pasta, You’ll Need:
-Strainer or Colander
20 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy delicious 20 Minute Garlic Butter Chicken and Mushroom Pasta is a family favorite bursting with garlic butter flavor in a craveable pasta the whole family will love!
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups Spaghetti, fettucine, or linguine
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Chicken breasts , should be around 6-8oz each
- 4 oz butter
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup minged garlic, or 1/4 cup, depending on your preference
- 1 tbsp italian herb spice blend
- optional, 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Boil water in tall stockpot.
- While boiling water, add olive oil to pan and heat on medium high until shimmery.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken.
- Add chicken to pan, cook until deep brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned and softened.
- Add garlic and butter, stir.
- Let butter melt and garlic become soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- When garlic is lightly browned (and does not smell bitter), add chicken stock, wine, and Italian spices.
- Stir to mix well.
- Let sauce reduce and thicken, another 5 minutes.
- When pasta is al dente and chicken's internal temperature has reached 165 degrees, drain well and place in large serving bowl.
- Add chicken and sauce over the top of pasta.
- Toss to coat pasta in sauce.
- Serve, garnish with fresh grated parmesan if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 823Saturated Fat 11gCholesterol 65mgSodium 257mgCarbohydrates 114gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 28g