Roasted Greek Chicken Drumsticks are delicious, tender, and full of flavor right out of the oven.
Greek chicken is by far one of my favorite things to eat.
The combination of oregano, lemon, olive oil, and tons of garlic - it just goes so well with delicious, crunchy chicken.
We've been eating a lot of chicken thighs and drumsticks lately (they are so economical and easy!), and I wanted to make a good riff off a Whole Roasted Grecian Chicken - but with drumsticks!
These drumsticks are incredibly delicious, super easy, and a great dinner party meal since they aren't fussy and are inexpensive for a group!
If you love these drumsticks, be sure to check out our crunchy baked bbq chicken drumsticks - they are amazingly delicious and so easy, a great smoky flavor with no grill required!
Click to watch the video of the BBQ Drumsticks here:
Roasted Greek Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Be sure to click play below to see my recipe video!
Roasted Greek Chicken Drumsticks
These delicious roast Greek chicken drumsticks are the perfect delicious entree.
- 4 lb chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon greek oregano
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together spices, salt, and chicken.
- Coat chicken in oil and spice mix then add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Let chicken marinate 30 minutes to overnight in the fridge.
- Add chicken to oven on a cooling rack sitting atop a baking sheet.
- Cook chicken for 20 minutes, then flip and turn the temperature up to 400 degrees. Cook an additional 20-25 minutes rotating every 10 minutes.
- When chicken is ready, fat will be rendered, and skin will be crispy. If it needs a bit more crunch, turn on broiler and broil for two minutes on each side to give a little extra crunch to chicken skin.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Serving Size3 drumsticks
Amount Per Serving Calories 465Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 288mgSodium 1098mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 55g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
I see lemon juice in the ingredient list but not in the instructions. Do you mix it in with the spices? Or the oil? (This could be something with my OS, but I don't see a video link to check the instructions that way, either.) Thanks!
Woops! Yes its part of the marinade, I have updated the recipe!
If I used a homemade mixture for the Greek oregano which includes basil, would I omit the basil that is listed? (ie. - 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper)
Janet, I would just pick one or the other for the basil!
Spread 1/4 of herb mixture under skin of each hen half. Rub skin with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place hen halves in shallow roasting pan. Roast hen