Roasted Greek Chicken Drumsticks are delicious, tender, and full of flavor right out of the oven.
Greek chicken is by far one of my favorite things to eat.
The combination of oregano, lemon, olive oil, and tons of garlic - it just goes so well with delicious, crunchy chicken.
We've been eating a lot of chicken thighs and drumsticks lately (they are so economical and easy!), and I wanted to make a good riff off a Whole Roasted Grecian Chicken - but with drumsticks!
These drumsticks are incredibly delicious, super easy, and a great dinner party meal since they aren't fussy and are inexpensive for a group!
If you love these drumsticks, be sure to check out our crunchy baked bbq chicken drumsticks - they are amazingly delicious and so easy, a great smoky flavor with no grill required!
Click to watch the video of the BBQ Drumsticks here:
Roasted Greek Chicken Drumsticks
Be sure to click play below to see my recipe video!
- 4 lb chicken , drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp greek oregano
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Thoroughly pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together spices and chicken.
- Coat chicken in oil and spice mix, let sit 30 minutes to overnight.
- Add chicken to oven on a cooling rack sitting atop a baking sheet.
- Cook chicken for ½ hour, then flip. After an hour, turn the heat up to 400 degrees.
- Flip chicken drumsticks every 10 minutes to ensure it crisps evenly on all sides.
- When chicken is ready, fat will be rendered and skin will be crispy. If it needs a bit more crunch, turn on broiler and broil for two minutes on each side to give a little extra crunch to chicken skin.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 534Saturated Fat 10gCholesterol 170mgSodium 161mgCarbohydrates 3gProtein 42g