Slow Cooker Orange Cranberry Glazed Ham - a perfect easy Christmas ham covered in glaze bursting with orange, cranberry, and ginger flavor!
Christmas brunch recipes are always hard for us, since it is such a hectic morning full of presents, church, and lots of preparations - plus hanging out with the family and keeping everyone happy and having fun is always a challenge!
I love delicious hams for Christmas dinner - but all of the prep and work can be a little tiresome on the hectic day - so this Slow Cooker Orange Cranberry Ginger Glazed Ham recipe is perfect for keeping Christmas easy, light, and fun - just toss it in, and come back to a perfectly delicious ham dinner that is practically prep-free!
This one pot slow cooker ham dinner is also a snap to cleanup, which makes it a huge win for the hectic holidays.
At Sweet C's, we have lots of types of readers: those who'd like more information to feel more comfortable in the kitchen, those who'd just like the recipe, and some who want a bit of info before getting straight to it.
To better serve all readers, we have a "skip to recipe" button in the top left corner of each page to save you from scrolling. We also have a clickable table of contents below that can help you navigate quickly through our recipe.
Table of contents
Tips for a Perfect Slow Cooker Glazed Ham:
This ham is super easy to make - toss in the slow cooker and let it do its thing - but there are a few tips to perfect Christmas ham we're sharing to make your big day even easier!
- While not necessary, I prefer to baste the ham about once every half hour (when I can remember) while cooking to help form a rich glaze.
- If you prefer a bit of extra crunch on your ham, remove from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet and pop under the broiler on high for about 5-10 minutes at the end of cooking (watch closely to make sure it doesn't burn) to crisp up the extra sugar in the glaze.
- Keep the cleanup easy - line your slow cooker in aluminum foil for truly mess-free cleanup! Simply roll up foil and throw away when done!
To Make This Slow Cooker Glazed Ham Recipe, You'll Need:
- Slow Cooker
- Baster or Silicone basting brush
- Aluminum foil, optional (can be used to coat slow cooker for truly mess-free cleanup)
Other Easy Christmas Dishes You'll Love:
We love Christmas around here - the family togetherness, the smiles, the lights - and the big meal!
- The Best Easy Buttery Soft Dinner Rolls Recipe - these rolls taste like Parker House rolls, and are light, airy, and loaded with buttery flavor.
- The Best Ribeye Roast Recipe - this boneless prime rib style roast is a bit smaller than a standing prime rib, perfect for smaller gatherings and lots of leftover sandwiches!
- Perfect Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe - delicious mashed potatoes that are rich and creamy!
- Easy Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash - this savory squash is always a huge hit.
- Traditional French Vin Chaud (Mulled Wine) Recipe - mulled wine just like from French Christmas markets!
- Easy Cranberry Sangria Recipe - delicious cranberry juice and wine, perfect to wash it all down!
For more of our Christmas recipes, check out our favorite Christmas cookies and sweets - one of our favorite ways to celebrate!
To cook your ham from-frozen in the slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Estimate 3/4 to 1 pound per person for a bone-in ham.
Slow Cooker Orange Cranberry Ginger Glazed Ham Recipe
If you love this Orange Cranberry Ginger Glazed Ham Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice, unsweetened
- orange, thinly sliced rounds of 1/2 a large
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp mustard, ground
- 1 garlic, Fresh clove, about 2 tbsp sliced thin
- 2 tsp cloves, whole
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh
- Place ham in slow cooker.
- Score top of ham to make cross-shaped slices.
- Push 1 tsp cloves into top of ham.
- In a medium sized saucepot, combine oranges slices, orange juice, sugar, ginger and mustard, and the other teaspoon of cloves.
- Cook on medium for 5 minutes, until glaze has reduced in half.
- Drizzle half of glaze mixture over ham, saving 1/2 the glaze to drizzle as it cooks.
- Set slow cooker to high and program for four hours, and cover to cook.
- Add more glaze every hour of cooking, and in the last hour, every 25 minutes.
- When ham has developed a crunchy, dark brown glaze, remove from pan and serve immediately.
- If you would like more crunch to your ham, you can place it under a broiler on high and let sugar crisp for 5-10 minutes (watch closely to make sure sugar doesn't burn.)
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 18mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 0g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.