Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops
Feb 03, 2024, Updated Feb 20, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tender, juicy, delicious pork chops from the crock pot, slow-cooked with a luxuriously rich creamy ranch sauce!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of Contents
Slow Cooker Pork Chops With Creamy Ranch Sauce
This recipe is one of those truly great set and forget it slow cooker dinners – add the pork chops, seasonings, condensed soup and oil in the crock pot – and return to a delicious hearty dinner everyone will love!
You can customize this dish easily as well – feel free to add carrots, potatoes, celery, bell peppers, or other vegetables you love to make a complete one-pot dinner. If adding broccoli or asparagus, add towards the end of cooking, so they don’t overcook.
Try this recipe with homemade ranch dressing, or spicy ranch dressing – you can also use homemade condensed soup, other flavors of condensed soup, or swap for sour cream or greek yogurt!
Go with what you have on hand – this recipe is designed to be really flexible, easy, and full of flavor!
How to Make Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops
To make this recipe, we will need the following ingredients:
- Can of Condensed Mushroom Soup: The condensed mushroom soup serves as the creamy base for the dish, providing a rich and savory flavor that complements the pork chops.
- 3 Pork Chops: The pork chops are the star of this dish, providing a hearty and meaty component. They bring their natural pork flavor and become tender as they cook in the slow cooker.
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt: Garlic salt adds a savory and garlicky flavor to the dish, enhancing the overall taste and aroma.
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Herbs Blend: The Italian herbs blend contributes a combination of dried herbs like basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary, infusing the dish with aromatic and earthy notes.
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado or Olive Oil: Avocado or olive oil is used for browning the pork chops before placing them in the slow cooker. It helps seal in the juices and adds a hint of richness to the dish.
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix: The ranch dressing seasoning mix infuses the dish with the classic ranch flavor, which includes a blend of herbs, spices, and buttermilk flavor.
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced: Diced onions provide sweetness and a mild onion flavor to the dish. They add depth and complexity to the overall taste.
- Sprig of Fresh Dill: Fresh dill is used as a garnish, adding a touch of freshness and a hint of dill flavor to complement the other ingredients.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following process:
- Add ingredients to crock pot: layer pork chops along bottom of slow cooker, then add oil, soup, seasonings, and onions.
- Stir to mix: Mix soup and seasonings over pork well.
- Cook: Cook on high for 2 hours, 4 hours on low.
- Enjoy! Serve with rice pilaf, crusty bread, or cauliflower rice for a hearty dinner.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops
Use Thick Pork Chops: Opt for boneless pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick. Thicker chops will remain juicy and tender during the slow cooking process.
Sear the Chops: Before placing the pork chops in the slow cooker, sear them in a hot skillet with a little oil for a few minutes on each side. This step adds flavor and helps to lock in the juices.
Layer Ingredients: Layer the ingredients in the slow cooker strategically. Start with the pork chops on the bottom, followed by the seasoning and creamy mixture on top. This ensures even coating and flavor distribution.
Use Low Heat: Cooking on the low heat setting of your slow cooker is typically best for pork chops. It allows for a longer cooking time, resulting in more tender and flavorful meat.
Don’t Overcook: Be cautious not to overcook the pork chops. They are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Overcooking can lead to dry and tough meat.
Add Fresh Herbs: If desired, garnish the dish with fresh herbs like parsley or chives just before serving. Fresh herbs can brighten up the flavors.
Adjust Seasonings: Taste the sauce before serving and adjust the seasonings, such as salt, pepper, or ranch seasoning, to your liking.
Serve Hot: Pork chops are best served hot and fresh from the slow cooker. This ensures they maintain their tenderness and flavor.
Thicken the Sauce: If the sauce is too thin, you can thicken it by mixing a small amount of cornstarch with water and stirring it into the sauce. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
Customize Ingredients: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding vegetables like carrots or mushrooms for added flavor and texture.
Yes, you can use bone-in pork chops in this recipe. However, boneless chops are often preferred as they cook more evenly and are easier to serve.
Searing the pork chops before adding them to the slow cooker is optional but recommended. Searing adds flavor and helps seal in the juices. If you’re short on time, you can skip this step, but the flavor may be slightly different.
Yes, you can make your own ranch seasoning mix by combining ingredients like dried herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Homemade ranch seasoning can be a great option for those who prefer to control the ingredients or avoid additives.
Pork chops should be cooked on the low heat setting for about 4-6 hours, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Cooking times can vary depending on the thickness of the chops and the specific slow cooker used.
If the sauce is thinner than you’d like, you can thicken it by making a slurry with cornstarch and water. Mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with equal parts cold water, then stir it into the sauce. Allow it to cook for a bit longer until it thickens to your desired consistency.
Absolutely! You can add vegetables like carrots, potatoes, or mushrooms to the slow cooker to make it a complete meal. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time if needed, as vegetables may require more or less time to cook than the pork chops.
Yes, you can substitute boneless chicken breasts or thighs for the pork chops. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken may cook faster than pork. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
Common side dishes include mashed potatoes, rice, green beans, or a simple salad. Choose sides that complement the flavors of the creamy ranch sauce and pork.
What to Serve With Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops
Mashed Potatoes: Creamy mashed potatoes complement the creamy sauce of the pork chops perfectly. You can make traditional mashed potatoes or try a variation like garlic mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower for a lighter option.
Steamed Vegetables: Steamed broccoli, green beans, or asparagus provide a healthy and colorful side dish. Drizzle them with a bit of butter or olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Rice: Serve the pork chops over a bed of fluffy white rice or brown rice. The rice will soak up the delicious sauce, adding to the overall flavor of the dish.
Salad: A fresh green salad with a light vinaigrette or ranch dressing can provide a refreshing contrast to the creamy pork chops. Add your favorite salad ingredients like tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce.
Roasted Vegetables: Roasted root vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, or parsnips are both flavorful and hearty. The caramelized edges add a delightful crunch.
Garlic Bread: A side of garlic bread or dinner rolls can help you mop up every bit of the creamy sauce. It’s also a hit with kids and adults alike.
Coleslaw: Coleslaw provides a nice balance to the richness of the pork chops. Its crisp and tangy nature can cut through the creaminess.
Corn: Corn on the cob or corn kernels sautéed with butter and herbs can add a touch of sweetness to the meal.
Quinoa: For a healthier option, serve the pork chops with quinoa. It’s a great source of protein and fiber and pairs well with the creamy sauce.
Cauliflower Mash: A low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes, cauliflower mash is creamy and flavorful, making it a great pairing with the pork chops.
Creamy Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup
- 4 pork chops, bone-in or boneless
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs blend
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- sprig of fresh dill
- In a slow cooker, add pork chops.
- Cover pork chops with soup, oil, seasonings, and onion. Lightly mix seasonings with a fork.
- Place dill on top, add lid.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook 2 hours, 4 hours on low. Pork will be fork-tender, and over 140 degrees F.
- Serve pork and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Ranch Seasoning by Flavor God, Sugar Free Ranch Substitute Low Sodium Seasoning, Gluten-Free Dry Ranch Mix, Keto & Paleo Friendly Ranch Seasoning Salad Dressing for Pizza, Popcorn, & Salads - Healthy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Substitute
Crock-Pot 7 Quart Portable Programmable Slow Cooker with Timer and Locking Lid, Stainless Steel
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 496Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 138mgSodium 1464mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 45g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.