Deliciously spicy and meaty flavored, these spicy vegan samosas are a delicious, easy appetizer everyone loves! Can be made curry style, or with taco seasonings!
Delicious, hearty and spicy appetizers can be a tough thing to feed a crowd when you’re trying to stick to a meat free diet.
There’s always vegetables and dips- but I’ve been looking to expand things to make for dinner parties that are vegan – and recently turned my favorite vegan meaty taco recipe into a crave-able, savory, and hearty meaty tasting samosa.
This samosa uses my meaty vegan taco skillet as a base- with a but more spice to amp up the flavor!
For more on the vegan taco “meat”, head to this post:
From there, we’re just tucking them into a wonton wrapper and flash frying them to crispy, crunchy perfection!
Be sure to watch this quick video for more:
Deliciously spicy and meaty flavored, these spicy vegan samosas are a delicious, easy appetizer everyone loves
- 2 cups taco mix, paleo skillet
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder , or 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Heat oil in a large pot with tall sides to 350 degrees.
- While oil heats up, add filling to 12 of the wonton wrappers- about the size of a golf ball into the middle of each.
- Lay the other 12 wonton wrappers on top of the ones with filling, making a ravioli shape (make a little circle of filling in the middle.)
- "Glue" the wonton wrappers to seal them up with a little glue and pressing them together.
- Fold the corners of each side into the middle over the topping, and "glue" it into an envelope shape.
- Add samosas in groups of 3-5 to oil, cook until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Let sit on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Top with salsa, tahini, or yogurt!
Amount Per ServingCalories 54 Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 556mg Carbohydrates 11g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 1g