This is post to you by La Crema. All opinions are my own.
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, Ive been thinking up fun and festive recipes that would make for a fun celebration. A lot of people might not think of wine as a traditional Cinco de Mayo drink- but I was asked by La Crema to pair their California Pinot Noir and Chardonnay with some fabulously festive foods and make a romantic dinner date of it.
This elevated dinner and dessert are completely meat free- the main course is even vegan- for meal that will fill you up without being too heavy, and has a great spicy kick so you can celebrate with someone you love. It is an impossibly romantic meal and pairs perfectly with Sonoma Coast or Monterrey Chardonnay and Pinot!
Head on over to the La Crema blog to find my recipe for Chardonnay Churros– I put a fun and festive twist on this favorite and incorporated Chardonnay directly into the dough!
And to pair with the churros, I am also sharing a luxuriously spicy and sweet Mexican Chocolate ganache that is perfect for dipping!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and diced
- 6 garlic, diced
- 12 oz mushrooms- crimini, oyster, button or whatever your favorite is, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced into 1/2" bites
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- taco seasoning
- cayenne pepper
- In a large pan, sautee onions until slightly browned.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are soft and take on a caramel brown hue.
- Add taco seasonings and up to two tablespoons water if you need it to help incorporate the taco seasonings.
- Add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper and taste. Add additional pepper, up to one teaspoon at a time, until you get to a spiciness you like.
- Mix in tomatoes.
- Add to peppers that have had the tops cut off and seeds removed.
- Bake for 30 minutes, unit pepper is soft.
- Garnish with cilantro or green onion and serve hot
Amount Per ServingCalories 226 Saturated Fat 2g Sodium 25mg Carbohydrates 21g Fiber 4g Sugar 9g Protein 7g