The Best Air Fryer Corn on the Cob Recipe
Apr 02, 2021, Updated Apr 17, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The Best Air Fryer Corn on the Cob Recipe – tender juicy corn on the cob with a lightly charred crunch like grilled – right from the air fryer!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Perfect Air Fried Corn Cobs
If you’ve never had corn on the cob in the air fryer, you’re going to lose your mind for how delicious and easy this recipe is!
It is light, sweet, a tiny bit smoky, and full of flavor – and it seriously can’t be any easier than this super simple method for making corn on the cob.
Air frying helps circulate hot air around food quickly – it isn’t really fried, but it is a more intense heat than baking – giving foods a lovely, delicious flavor.
Air fryer corn on the cob is so delicious, you’re going to want this easy air fryer recipe all the time!
We love to serve this corn on the cob with air fryer steaks, air fryer broccoli, or air fryer chicken tenders – it’s also delicious alongside our famous baked pork tenderloin, easy ribeye roast, and Baked Everything Salmon!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
How To Air Fry Corn
To make this recipe, we will need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil. The olive oil in this air fryer corn on the cob recipe adds moisture and helps the seasoning stick to the corn.
- Salt & pepper. Fresh cracked pepper brings a bold, spicy flavor, while salt enhances the natural sweetness of the corn.
- Corn on the cob. The 4 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned, are the star ingredient that will cook to tender perfection in the air fryer.
After you’ve prepped your tools and ingredients, we will use this process:
- Preheat. Preheat air fryer at 375F for 5 minutes while removing husk and silks from corn. Drizzle olive oil over corn and rub to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, according to your preference.
- Air fry. Add to air fryer basket. Air fry at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Flip. At about 9 minutes, flip corn in air fryer to ensure even cooking. Cook until soft to the touch and slightly charred.
- Enjoy! Serve with butter.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
How long to air fry corn. Corn on the cob takes a while to cook – and cooks best when not directly over the heat to prevent burning. This is solved well by air frying to get a bit of crispy charred crunch, without overcooking the corn. Aim for 10-18 minutes in the air fryer, occasionally checking, for doneness. Flip corn when in air fryer to make sure corn is cooked on all sides.
How To Tell When Corn Is Done. Grilled corn is done when the kernels look slightly wrinkly, are soft to the touch, and have a lovely golden char to each side (be sure to flip your corn and rotate it often so it’s evenly charred on all sides.)
- How long do you cook corn on the cob in an air fryer?
- Do you need to soak the corn before cooking it in an air fryer?
- Can you cook frozen corn on the cob in an air fryer?
- Can you add butter to air fryer corn on the cob? Yes, you can add butter to air fryer corn on the cob after cooking. Simply brush the cooked corn with melted butter and sprinkle with additional seasoning if desired.
- What other seasonings can you use on air fryer corn on the cob? In addition to salt and pepper, you can use a variety of seasonings on air fryer corn on the cob, such as garlic powder, smoked paprika, or chili powder. You can also add fresh herbs like chopped parsley or cilantro for extra flavor.
After air frying, corn can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container or plastic bag.
No, you don’t need to soak the corn before cooking it in an air fryer. Simply shuck the corn and remove the silks, then brush with oil and seasonings before cooking.
Yes, you can cook frozen corn on the cob in an air fryer. Simply adjust the cooking time to 12-15 minutes at 400°F, turning the corn halfway through.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
If you love your air fryer as much as we do, you’re in luck!
We’re sharing some of our favorite air fryer recipes below.
For our complete air fryer recipe index click here.
For our air fryer multitasker pick – the Ninja Foodi – click here.
For our favorite countertop air fryer click here.
The Best Air Fried Corn on the Cob Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 4 ears of corn, shucked with silks removed
- Preheat air fryer at 375F for 5 minutes while removing husk and silks from corn.
- Drizzle olive oil over corn and rub to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper, according to your preference.
- Add to air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 375 for 15 minutes.
- At about 9 minutes, flip corn in air fryer to ensure even cooking.
- Cook until soft to the touch and slightly charred.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 179mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.