The Best Easy Beer Bread Recipe - buttery, salty, beer bread is quick to make and so simple - perfect for beginners!
Quick and easy beer bread is the perfect fall indulgence - it is easy to make, warm and soft with a crunchy outside and moist, chewy crumb - plus it is loaded with your favorite beer flavor!
If you love fresh baked bread, but don't want to go through all the hassle of complicated bread making, this recipe is for you. It's simple, quick, but loaded with flavor - and easy enough for beginner home cooks.
Slather this bread with apple butter, bacon butter, jam, or eat it hot out of the oven - this bread will be your new favorite easy treat!
At Sweet C's we have lots of types of readers - those who would like lots of information with their recipe, some who need a few extra tips and tricks, and some who'd like to get straight to cooking.
We've included a clickable table of contents below that will take you directly to the section you'd like to read, and a skip to recipe button in the top left corner to help you navigate this information quickly.
Table of contents
Easy Beer Bread Recipe
Beer bread is the perfect recipe for beginner bread bakers - it doesn't require any special equipment or bread-making knowledge, it comes together quickly, and it's easy to mix!
Try with a pumpkin beer for fall, an amber ale, or even a rich porter - the sky is the limit, just pick a beer you love the flavor of!
Sprinkle some crunchy maldon sea salt along the top for a bit of extra flavor, it is my favorite extra special touch.
- Just mix and bake - no proofing, rising, or kneading!
- Perfect for beginners - this bread requires no advanced bread making knowledge.
- Great with butter, bacon butter, jams, spreads, and more!
What Beer to Use in Beer Bread
Picking the type of beer you'd like to use in this bread is largely up to you - you can reach for something you love - just be sure it's a beer whose flavor you really like, since it will be prominent in your beer!
More flavorful beers will result in more flavorful beer breads - lighter beers will have a lighter flavor.
- I prefer Belgian ales or light ales for this recipe but have made it before with dark beers and stouts.
- Flavored beers such as blueberry or pumpkin also work well, and are great for adding some seasonal touches to your beer bread!
- Soda can also be used in place of beer - you can use sprite, sierra mist, or ginger ale.
Does Beer Bread Have To Rise?
One of the reasons we love beer bread is just how easy it is - no proofing, rising, or kneading.
The yeast in beer helps lift and rise your bread, doing all the work for you - and the rustic, homemade quick bread nature of beer bread makes this a truly mix and bake recipe.
When you have a craving for warm, salty, delicious bread - without all the extra work - this beer bread always hits the spot!
Other Easy Breads You'll Love
If you're loving this quick, easy bread, please check out some of our favorite other easy bread recipes!
- The Best Easy No Knead Bread
- Easy Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe
- The Best Easy Buttery Soft Dinner Rolls Recipe
- The Best Easy Keto Garlic Butter Rolls Recipe
- Easy Fogo De Chao Brazilian Cheese Bread Copycat Recipe
- The Best Easy Peanut Butter Bread Recipe
- Easy Garlic Butter Texas Toast Recipe
- Easy Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
You can find our entire bread recipe archives here.
Store beer bread for up to three days, in a cool, dry place.
Bake beer bread until golden brown on the top and sides and a toothpick probed into the center comes out clean (or an instant-read thermometer reads 200º F.)
To make this beer bread in high altitude (like me in Denver), decrease cooking time by about 5-8 minutes.
Increase water by 2 tablespoons.
Increase flour by 1 tablespoon.
The Best Easy Beer Bread Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Easy Beer Bread Recipe - buttery, salty beer bread is quick and simple - perfect for beginners and loaded with delicious beer flavor!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces beer
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add beer to dry ingredients and fold together until just combined.
- Pour melted butter over bread.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Silicone Non-Slip Oven Mitts and Pot Holders 4pcs Sets, Extra Long Flexible Oven Gloves Oven Mittens Heat Resistant, Kitchen Counter Safe Trivet Mats - Grey
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Loaf Pan, 1 lb.
Nordic Ware Round Cooling Grid, 13-inch diameter, Copper
Maldon Salt, Sea Salt Flakes, 8.5 oz (240 g), Kosher, Natural, Handcrafted, Gourmet, Pyramid Crystals
Amount Per Serving Calories 422Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 41mgSodium 722mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.