Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins
Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins look like just like pumpkins from their bundt cake shape – great for fall parties as edible halloween decorations!
This post was first published in 2012 – and while a ton of time has passed, and my blog has grown considerably, these continue to be one of my favorite super-easy Halloween desserts because they taste great, are so simple my kids can help me make and decorate them, and they even double as edible Halloween party decor!
I love pumpkin bread– I usually head out to Sam’s Club in the fall months to stock up with as many huge cans as I can to keep me well stocked throughout the year.
This fall, I wanted to try something a little different with my delicious, moist and flavor-packed bread recipe- make them into Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins !
These never-dry pumpkin bread bundt cakes use my favorite spiced pumpkin bread recipe with a simple icing
Making these is incredibly easy- using a mini bundt cake, I baked the following recipe until slightly browned (about 15 minutes in my oven at high altitude- please watch yours closely as my oven tends to be a bit wacky).
When cool, I cut any excess bread off the bottoms of each bundt to have a nice, flat surface- and simply placed on bundt on top of another!
I then iced, and placed a cinnamon stick in the middle as a pumpkin stem.
You can make your icing orange (which I do think looks better for Halloween) or keep it white (which is great for a classier look at Thanksgiving) – however you prefer!
These Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins even make perfectly delicious edible Halloween party decor – how would you display them??
Other Halloween Desserts You’ll Love:
If you love this deliciously easy, perfectly moist spiced pumpkin bread bundt cake recipe, you will LOVE my other Halloween desserts!
Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins Recipe
- For The Bread
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- water, to loosen
- 3 cups sugar
- 3½ cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- For The Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar, (give or take, depending on desired consistency)
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- For The Bread
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, salt, spices and sugar in one bowl, set aside.
- Sift flour and baking soda into mixture slowly as you fold it in.
- This might seem like a pain, but it will prevent lumps!
- When mixture is completely combined, add up to ¼ cup water to loosen mixture so that it is slightly runny- like a thick cake.
- Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes in mini bundt cakes, until slightly browned. For a loaf or larger pan, bake for 20-30 minutes.
- For The Icing:
- Mix the sugar milk and juice vigorously, until all lumps are gone and icing is shiny.
- For runnier mixure, add more milk. For thicker, add more sugar.
- Mix in food coloring if desired.
- Drizzle over bread and let set, about 5 minutes.
- Top with cinnamon stick for stem of pumpkin.