The Best Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe – The Best Garlic Butter Mushrooms Low Carb Side Dish Recipe is the most delicious buttery and salty garlic butter mushrooms recipe for the perfect easy low carb side dish. Perfect garlic butter mushrooms go great alongside chicken, fish, steak, and other dinners – or mixed into mushroom risotto, pasta, rice and more!
Garlic butter is one of my all time favorite flavor profiles.
It is delicious on so many types of meats and vegetables – I can’t get enough.
One of my all time favorite ways to cook with lots of rich buttery garlic flavor is when using my favorite vegetable – mushrooms!
I love mushrooms – I can eat them anytime of day. I love the rich, meaty mushroom flavor in just about everything – and it’s one of my favorite all time side dishes that is simple, easy, affordable, and so good!
These garlic butter mushrooms are a delicious, hearty, and savory side dish that are fabulous alongside steak, chicken, pork, lamb, fish, and other vegetables – and are amazing in pastas, omelettes, and all sorts of dishes!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE BEST GARLIC BUTTER MUSHROOMS RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy garlic butter mushrooms side dish recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make Perfect Sautéed Mushrooms:
To make these mushrooms absolutely melt-in-your-mouth-meaty and perfect, there are a couple tips and tricks I think are crucial.
These simple steps will help you get mushrooms that are bursting with flavor, have a great crispy and crunchy (but not dry) texture that isn’t rubbery or soggy like some mushrooms could be.
- Let mushrooms crisp.
- The key to perfect steakhouse style mushroom side dishes is their texture – slightly crispy seared on the outside, without being too crunchy or dry.
- To get this, mushrooms really need to brown on each side before adding in too much liquid to the pan or stirring too much. Let your mushrooms get lovely golden brown!
- Use high heat to sear your mushrooms – you do NOT want to slowly cook them, or they will get soggy and limp.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Overcrowding a pan lowers the heat – and boils mushrooms. Boiled mushrooms are not great – we’re going for a crispy seared flavor for these amazing mushrooms!
- Wait to add the wine.
- Again, browning your mushrooms is vital to this recipe – so adding liquid is only something you will do after mushrooms have been sufficiently browned.
- Flambe for best results.
- For the most amazing flavor ever, light your mushrooms on fire right after pouring the wine in so it flambes – this will add a delicious caramelized flavor that will dazzle guests!
- Add extra butter for sauce at the end.
- If you want to make a delicious garlic butter mushroom pasta sauce with these mushrooms, simply add a little wine and butter at the end to make a sauce. Don’t add these until your mushrooms have come together, again, so you don’t make them soggy!
Other Delicious Low Carb Side Dishes:
If you love this easy garlic butter mushroom side dish recipe, and you’re looking for more keto side dishes or other low carb sides to serve for a big family dinner or party, you’re in luck!
Here are some of my other favorite low carb side dishes that are family tested and approved – please click the link to find each easy printable recipe:
The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus Recipe
Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Ghee
Creamy Sausage Florentine Mushrooms
Bacon Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli Recipe
The Best Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe
If you love The Best Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | instagram
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
The Best Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe
The Best Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe - The Best Garlic Butter Mushrooms Low Carb Side Dish Recipe is the most delicious buttery and salty garlic butter mushrooms recipe for the perfect easy low carb side dish. Perfect garlic butter mushrooms go great alongside chicken, fish, steak, and other dinners - or mixed into mushroom risotto, pasta, rice and more!
- 2 tbsp garlic herb butter, set 1 tbsp aside
- 1 tbsp olive, canola or other oil
- 1 1/2 pound Gourmet Mushrooms, cinamon cap, oyster, king oyster and shiitake, fill out your 1/2 pound with cremini if you can't source some of the mushrooms but try as many exotics as you can
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine, use half grape juice and diluted white wine vinegar OR 1/4 cup stock if you don't cook with wine, though wine will taste best
- salt, to taste
- Heat a heavy pan or cast iron skillet.
- Add oil and 1/2 butter.
- When almost smoking, add mushrooms.
- Stir and let mushrooms brown slightly.
- Add remaining 1/2 butter and garlic.
- Stir quickly to heat garlic, but be careful not to let it burn.
- Add white wine (caution- it will release a LOT of steam when it hits the pan).
- Let wine cook down.
- When liquid is fully absorbed, taste.
- Add salt to taste (dont add before, the butter may make your mushrooms saltier than you realize when cooked down).
- Serve warm!
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Saturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 98mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 4g
Looking forward for the next recipe that you will share! Thank you for inspiring us to cook healthy foods.
This looks so delicious and I bet it tastes amazing! My family will love this. I can not wait to try this at home.
This is a great way of introducing healthy foods into our menu. Thank you. This is a must-try!
I love this! This proves that mushroom is another amazing and indeed a magical plant. Thank you for sharing the mouth-watering recipe. Will surely give it a try. Amazing!
Yum!! Easy and tasty, Thanks, will definitely be making these again.