4 Ingredient Honey Ginger Baked Shrimp is a simple and easy delicious low calorie and low carb appetizer that tastes gourmet, quick!
Delicious, quick appetizers that are low calorie, low carb, easy to make, and high on flavor are pretty limited.
Outside of crudités, there aren’t a ton of options that aren’t loaded with extra calories and fat – but this recipe is simple, quick, and so delicious!
This recipe clocks in at under 160 calories per serving – with less than 7 carbs and 3 grams of fat – but packs in 20 grams of protein to keep you full!
You can’t get much better nutritional stats than that— especially for an appetizer! These aren’t your typical apps!
This appetizer is also perfect because baking shrimp isn’t just easy — it keeps kitchen smells down! I love to cook all kinds of seafood in the oven because a lot of people are sensitive to the smell.
Baking completely eliminates that!
This is also super easy to clean up- just roll up the foil and toss it away! Can’t be any more simple- and perfect for parties!
4 Ingredient Honey Ginger Baked Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, shells removed (tail on or off)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tsp mongolian fire oil or chile paste
- optional- ¼ cup fresh diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix dressing and honey together, stirring well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Add shrimp to bowl and toss in dressing and honey. Let marinate until oven is done preheating (or overnight if you prefer more flavor).
- Place shrimp on foil or parchment paper and fold into an envelope shape.
- Bake 15 minutes, until shrimp is opaque and no longer grey.
- Serve immediately and top with scallions (green onions) if desired.