Avocado Ice Cream Recipe – delicious creamy and velvety avocado ice cream bursting with avocado flavor that can be made keto or vegan!
When the mood strikes for something cool, creamy, and sweet – this healthy ice cream is a great indulgence!
This avocado ice cream is colorful, creamy, and tastes delicious – and we’re even showing you how it can be made low carb, without dairy, or a standard version.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
To see our web story for this recipe, click here.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Is Condensed Milk Keto?
If you want to make this recipe and realize most of the ingredients fit perfectly into a keto diet, you’re right – except for condensed milk.
Condensed milk is not keto approved, as it has a lot of sugar (even the unsweetened kind) and carbohydrates.
To reduce the carbohydrates to an amount that is suitable for a keto diet, use a keto condensed milk in place of regular condensed milk.
Coconut condensed milk is not considered keto.
Vegan Avocado Ice Cream
To make this ice cream dairy free, without sacrificing the creamy texture, please use coconut cream and coconut condensed milk.
Using coconut cream and milk pair well with avocado for a rich, creamy ice cream that isn’t too sweet.
Other Delicious Desserts You’ll Love
If you love simple, delicious desserts – you’re in luck!
We have a number of easy dishes sure to satisfy your sweet tooth:
You can find our entire dessert recipe index here.
This ice cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to four months.
Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Avocado Ice Cream Recipe - delicious creamy and velvety avocado ice cream bursting with avocado flavor that can be made keto or vegan!
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup condensed milk
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh, and add it to the food processor.
- Then add ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice, ½ cup condensed milk and blend until smooth and no avocado chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, add in whipping cream and using a hand mixer at medium speed, beat mixture until it begins to thicken, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next gently fold in until there are no visible white streaks, making sure not to deflate the whipped cream
- Transfer in a container, cover it with parchment paper, and freeze 6-8 hours.
- Using lime or lemon helps the avocado not lose its color or oxidize.
- Parchment paper on the entire surface of the ice cream will help prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Do not overbeat the whipped cream because it will separate from the liquid and will turn into butter.
- To get silkier ice cream, the whipped cream needs to be light and airy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 411Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 80mgSodium 201mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 23gProtein 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.