Bacon Balsamic Glazed Chicken thighs are an easy, delicious meal that is packed with smoky, sweet flavor!
My husband and I are always trying out new diets and ways to eat better. We’ve done paleo, weight watchers, and loads of other diets and had a lot of mixed success.
It’s never easy for us to lose weight (wine, booze, carbs, and cheese are faaaar to important in our lives) – but we’ve been trying the Slow Carb Diet (Tim Ferriss’ 4 Hour Body has been a good guide for us) and really liking it so far.
It’s a sort of paleo-ish diet – except for the limiting of carbs (no fruit) and the addition of slow carbs – so beans are ok. This type of diet has been a bit easier to adapt to, since meat and veggies are favorites of ours.
Getting creative, delicious meals however has been a bit of a challenge- there is only so much to make with meat and veggies.
Luckily, the other day while in a bit of a rut I discovered balsamic is okay – and decided to make some smoky, and slightly sweet chicken thighs to celebrate!
Let’s face it – anything wrapped with bacon just doesn’t taste like diet food.
It’s much easier to stick to an eating plan if it feels indulgent – and you can’t get more indulgent than these delicious chicken thighs!
While I’m using boneless, skinless thighs in this recipe, you could use bone-in thighs (simply cut out the bone, or eat around it) since they are quite a bit less expensive.
If you do go with the cheaper bone-in, skin-on things, I do recommend removing the skin, since it would get flabby and soft under the bacon.
For another delicious chicken thigh meal (that works with a slow carb, paleo, and even whole 30 diet) be sure to check out my buttery crackle chicken recipe!
Bacon Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 lbs chicken, skinless chicken thighs, boneless
- .5 lbs bacon
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- sliced green onions, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, italian seasoning, and paprika.
- Lay chicken thighs on a cutting board and season liberally with herb mixture.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon.
- Heat a cast iron pan (or other heavy skillet) on high until hot.
- Add chicken thighs to pan, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Sear on each side about 5 minutes so bacon is browned.
- Remove from pan and add to baking sheet (cooking on a wire rack above the baking sheet is ideal but not essential.)
- Bake until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees, about 15 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove and let rest at least 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, add balsamic to a small pan and heat on medium until reduced by more than half, and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over chicken, top with green onions if desired!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 348 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 309mg Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 3g Protein: 19g