The Best Mac and Cheese Ever – this is the most delicious, creamy and luxurious mac and cheese recipe ever – without any mustard seed in the sauce!
If I had to pick one food as my all-time comfort food, it would easily be mac and cheese.
Mac and cheese, when made right, is so luxurious, creamy, rich and full of cheesy flavor- and is one of the easiest, most simple recipes to make from scratch at home.
My only problem with a lot of mac and cheese recipes is that they rely on mustard seed to give a bit of a zip and tanginess in the sauce and color the dish – but I am allergic to mustard!
I had to come up with a good recipe that has a bit of variation in the cheese so I could skip the mustard, and I think this recipe is my all-time favorite. It is delicious, luxuriously creamy and thick, and so easy to make.
This is going to be your all-time favorite mac and cheese recipe ever – I hope you and your family love it as much as mine does! It is our go-to for deliciously easy dinners!
This recipe for the best mac and cheese ever is
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or cavatappi
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups table cream
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (4 cups)
- 4 ounces Gruyere, grated (1 cup)
- 4 oz swiss cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Boil macaroni in a large pot with well salted water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, milk, and butter over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in flour and whisk until creamy smooth.
- Slowly stir in cheese, letting it melt in small batches as you add to mixture.
- When macaroni is al dente, drain water well and add to cheese sauce.
- Stir to evenly coat.
- Top with fresh grated pepper and parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1017 Total Fat 77g Saturated Fat 47g Trans Fat 2g Unsaturated Fat 25g Cholesterol 231mg Sodium 608mg Carbohydrates 46g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 36g