Cheesy Chicken Taco Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe is the perfect hearty low carb lunch or dinner that is bursting with cheesy chicken taco flavor!
If you’re looking for a delicious, filling, and naturally low carb meal that is packed with flavor – I have your next favorite obsession – Cheesy Chicken Taco Stuffed Avocados.
This recipe is simple, fresh, and bursting with bright colors and tons of flavor to help keep you full all day, and on track with your healthy eating goals.
Plus it’s great for meal prep, so you can take it to work with you or serve at a dinner party or picnic on the go.
These chicken taco stuffed avocados are bursting with flavor and so easy to make – plus you can always use leftover chicken fajitas or tacos in this recipe the next day!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE CHEESY CHICKEN TACO STUFFED AVOCADOS RECIPE EVER ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy cheesy chicken taco stuffed avocados recipe – simply click the “skip to recipe” button in the top left corner, or scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Other Taco Dinners You’ll Love
If you love this Cheesy Chicken Taco Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe you’ll love some of my other favorite taco dinners!
Low Carb Taco Stuffed Avocados
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Skillet Soup
And one of the top recipes on my site of all time – my Cheesy Taco Skillet – which is also low carb, keto, and paleo compatible – or just a tasty filling for tacos and burritos!
Plus it is deceptively sneaky – I LOAD it up with veggies you’d have no idea are there!
Tips to make the perfect Cheesy Chicken Taco Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe:
- Use a very ripe avocado.
- Pre-cook chicken and let cool.
- Don’t open avocado until ready to eat.
- For the most even flavor, remove avocado from peel, and cut into 1″ cubes, mix with taco skillet, and refill back into peel.
- If making ahead of time, cook taco skillet and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Reheat in a skillet or the microwave – OR serve cold in the avocado. (This dish is equally delicious cold as it is hot for a taco salad style stuffed avocado!)
To Make This Cheesy Chicken Taco Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe You’ll Need:
- Sharp Knife
- Knife sharp enough to dice chicken and slice vegetables, that is long and heavy enough to put into avocado pit to remove it from avocado.
- Avocado Slicer
- Easy way to remove avocado from pit and add to chicken tacos. Spoon can be used, but using an avocado slicer will create more even, easy sliced avocado.
- Cutting Boards
- Taco Seasoning
- If you’re following a strict low carb diet, or want to use your own taco seasoning, you’ll use 2 tbsp of your favorite taco seasoning.
- If using a pre-packaged taco seasoning pouch, one pouch is about 2 tbsp.
- Large Nonstick Pan
- For the best pan fried chicken breasts for your chicken tacos, chicken should cook quickly at a high temperature.
- To get juicy chicken with lovely browning, use a large pan that won’t be crowded when adding chicken and vegetables to it – crowding your pan will cause the chicken and vegetables to boil rather than fry.
Cheesy Chicken Taco Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe
If you love this cheesy chicken taco salad stuffed recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Cheesy Chicken Taco Stuffed Avocados
Quick, delicious and easy Cheesy Chicken Taco Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe is the perfect hearty low carb lunch or dinner that is bursting with cheesy chicken taco flavor!
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed in 1" bites
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp water
- To garnish:
- 1 avocado, sliced in half and pit removed
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (omit if sticking to paleo/whole 30 diet)
- 1/3 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
Cheesy Chicken Tacos
- In a large pan, heat olive oil until shimmery.
- Add chicken to pan and cook on high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned - about 8 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions to pan, cook until lightly browned and soft.
- When peppers and onions are softened, add taco seasoning and water, mix well.
- Let water absorb and reduce, then remove from heat.
Chicken Taco Avocado
- Halve avocado and remove pit.
- Scoop 1/2 cup taco skillet mixture into each 1/2 avocado.
- Add arugula to the top, followed by cheese.
- If taking to work, wrap with foil and refrigerate until ready to microwave, then microwave for 45-55 seconds, until meat is warmed and cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh pico de gallo, serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 582Saturated Fat 13gCholesterol 116mgSodium 745mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 11gSugar 4gProtein 38g
Other Sweet Cs Favorites
If you loved this recipe, please check out some of the top rated recipes on Sweet Cs!
Many are low carb – all are easy and full of flavor.
Sweet C's Favorite Recipes
Favorite recipes from Sweet Cs Designs
One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet
One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet– this easy, delicious, veggie packed beef taco skillet meal is quick and great for a budget- as well as a low carb diet! Easy cheesy beef taco skillet dinner that is perfect for burrito bowls, salads, skillet tacos, and more with tons of hidden vegetables that kids will eat!
The Best Ribeye Roast Recipe
The Best Ribeye Roast Recipe - easy and delicious boneless ribeye roast with a crunchy crust and tons of juicy ribeye flavor with almost no work - this recipe is perfect for even beginner cooks!
The Best Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
The Best Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe - delicious, crispy and crunchy french fries that taste just like your favorite restaurant - but a healthier french fry you can feel good about serving your family.
The Best Baked Garlic Pork Tenderloin
This is the Best Baked Garlic Pork Tenderloin recipe ever... incredibly easy, delicious, and bursting with Italian garlic butter flavors the whole family loves! An easy pork tenderloin dinner in under an hour - great for meal prep and makes amazing leftovers for a healthy, low carb keto or paleo diet eating plan, too!
The Best Easy Broiled Lobster Tails Recipe
This 10 Minute Perfect Broiled Lobster Tails Recipe is the quickest, tastiest, and easiest way to cook lobster tails- get perfect oven broiled lobster tails every time! The best of the recipes to lobster tail in the oven for a restaurant style lobster tail dinner in under 10 minutes.
One Pot Hamburger Cabbage Soup
Hearty and extremely delicious, this one pot hamburger cabbage soup is easy to make and always a huge hit! Simple ingredients for a family favorite soup everyone loves!
Easy Baked Pork Chops Recipe
Easy Baked Pork Chops Recipe - the best easy baked pork chops ever in under 20 minutes with simple ingredients! Your family will beg for these pork chops all the time!
The Best Baked Garlic Pork Chops Recipe Ever
The Best Baked Garlic Pork Chops Recipe Ever is the best oven baked pork chop recipe ever - perfect rich, tender, juicy garlic baked pork chops that are incredibly easy and restaurant quality. With tons of tips for juicy baked pork chops, how to bake pork without drying it out, and how long to bake pork chops for perfectly tender pork!
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe - delicious easy keto oven baked chicken wings with a rich garlic parmesan flavor and tons of lemon!
Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs
Easy, crunchy, delicious Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs are a super simple one pot baked chicken thigh recipe everyone loves - bursting with ranch flavor in only five ingredients! Low carb, mess free, a deliciously crunchy crust, in a huge family favorite that is sure to make anyone a fan of chicken thighs in under 40 minutes!
What a great & delicious idea!! They’d make the perfect little appetizer or meal for parties, too! They look bursting with flavor!
I think I am going to be living on this recipe, it is incredible!
This looks like a restaurant worthy dish, indeed! So many flavors and easy too! Yum!