Easy Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls Recipe – chicken tacos cooked with vegetables for a hearty and delicious taco filling the whole family will love!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Crock Pot Keto Chicken Taco Bowls
I love delicious taco-style bowls full of cheese, veggies, and TONS of flavor.
They are simple, quick, and really adaptable – you can pile them on salads, in tacos, over rice, or even in a mexican style pasta or enchiladas and burritos!
I recently upped my taco bowl game and started making them in the slow cooker though, and now I might never look back…. especially when these crazy healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls are so quick, simple, and freaking DELICIOUS!
In this post, I’m going to share my chicken taco bowl recipe – but also tons of ideas and tips to make this recipe a knockout staple your family will ask for again and again:
- Healthy Taco Bowl Variation Ideas
- Vegan Slow Cooker Taco Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowl Serving Ideas
- Other Delicious Recipe’s You’ll Love
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
To make this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb Ground Chicken: Ground chicken is the main protein source in this recipe. It provides a lean and flavorful base for the taco bowls.
- 1 Large Onion: Onions add a savory and slightly sweet flavor to the dish. They also provide a pleasant texture when cooked.
- 2 Bell Peppers: Bell peppers contribute a sweet and crunchy element to the dish. They also add color and nutrients, including vitamins A and C.
- 1 Zucchini: Zucchini adds a mild, slightly nutty flavor and a tender texture to the recipe. It also boosts the vegetable content of the dish.
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning: Taco seasoning is a blend of various spices like chili powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder. It brings a bold, spicy, and smoky flavor to the dish, giving it that classic taco taste.
- 8 oz Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis: This ingredient provides acidity, tanginess, and a touch of heat to the dish. The green chilis add a mild spiciness and some depth of flavor.
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar cheese is a creamy and savory addition. It adds richness and a cheesy, melty element to the final dish, which complements the other flavors.
- 2 g Cilantro: Cilantro is a fresh and aromatic herb that adds a burst of freshness and a hint of citrus-like flavor. It’s often used as a garnish to brighten up the dish.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use this process:
- Brown chicken. Brown and crumble ground chicken in a medium sized pan. Don’t worry about cooking all the way through – just brown a bit and crumble.
- Cook in slow cooker. Add diced vegetables and browned ground chicken to slow cooker with taco seasoning. Cook on low for 4 hours, 2 1/2 hours on high.
- Enjoy! When meat and vegetables are cooked, top with shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve!
Tips and Tricks for the Best Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
Add zucchini. I like to fill my taco meat with zucchini (which sounds super odd- but I promise, it really does take on a meaty flavor when slow cooked with taco seasoning…) which makes it more delicious and cuts down on fat and calories.
Swap ingredients. This chicken taco bowl recipe is incredibly adaptable – you can change it easily to add ingredients you love or fit what you have on hand at home. Try different combinations to see what chicken taco flavors you love! Other delicious ingredients you can add to these slow cooker chicken taco bowls to up the nutritional content:
- Diced walnuts
- Diced eggplant
- Chopped broccoli florets
- Riced Cauliflower
- Shredded Carrots
Go vegan. While these chicken taco bowls are completely delicious and a lighter version of my favorite low carb cheesy taco skillet, they can also be easily made vegan with some simple and delicious ingredient swaps.
- Use vegan cheese to give yourself a rich cheesy flavor. Be sure to use a cheese that melts well.
- Swap diced zucchini for chicken in the recipe – no need to pre-cook.
- Swap eggplant for chicken in the recipe – no need to pre-cook.
- Use “chicken” soy crumbles – simply pour into the slow cooker as you would pre-cooked ground chicken.
Make stuffed avocados. Be sure to try these slow cooker chicken tacos in these taco stuffed avocados!
How to Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls. These slow cooker chicken taco bowls are incredibly delicious on their own – and make a delicious low carb and keto meal – but you can also add this recipe into a ton of different ideas to make a delicious chicken taco dinner (some low carb, some not!) Here are some of my favorite ways to serve slow cooker chicken tacos:
- Add over lettuce for a delicious Cheesy Mexican Chicken Taco Salad
- Spoon into tacos and bake for 10-15 minutes for perfect baked chicken tacos
- Spoon into a tortilla, smother with green chile, and bake to make cheesy chicken chimichangas
- Spoon in to bell peppers and bake until pepper is soft for delicious cheesy chicken taco stuffed bell peppers
- Layer over tortilla chips and bake for deliciously addictive cheesy chicken nachos
- Serve with large romaine or butter lettuce leaves for low carb cheesy chicken tacos
- Spoon over rice or cauliflower rice for a chicken taco bowl everyone loves.
What to Serve With Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
Rice: Serve the taco bowls over a bed of white or brown rice. This adds a filling and neutral base that can help balance the spicy flavors of the taco filling.
Tortilla Chips: Provide a bowl of tortilla chips for scooping up the chicken and toppings, or for adding a crunchy element to your meal. You can also serve with guacamole, salsa, or queso dip for dipping.
Guacamole: Fresh guacamole is a fantastic accompaniment to taco bowls. Its creamy texture and cool, avocado-based flavor contrast well with the spicy chicken.
Sour Cream: A dollop of sour cream on top of the taco bowls can help mellow out the heat and add creaminess to each bite.
Black Beans or Refried Beans: Beans are a classic Mexican side dish and pair nicely with taco bowls. You can serve them on the side or as a topping.
Corn: Grilled or roasted corn on the cob or corn kernels can add a sweet and crunchy element to your meal.
Salad: A simple side salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a vinaigrette dressing can provide a refreshing contrast to the rich flavors of the taco bowls.
Avocado Slices: Fresh avocado slices or chunks can add a creamy and buttery texture to your meal.
Lime Wedges: Serve lime wedges on the side for a squeeze of fresh lime juice over the taco bowls to enhance the flavors.
Cilantro Rice: If you enjoy cilantro, consider making cilantro-lime rice as a side dish. It complements the cilantro in the taco bowls nicely.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls Recipe
If you love The Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls is so simple - set and forget it and come home to a delicious low calorie mexican dinner the whole family will love!
Bursting with flavor, great for a paleo or keto diet, and a great way to add extra veggies to your kids dinners without complaints!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 oz diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 g cilantro
- In a large pan, add chicken and brown lightly, crumbling as it cooks. Don't worry about cooking through, just crumble chicken and brown a bit before adding to slow cooker.
- Add diced vegetables and ground chicken to slow cooker with taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, 2 1/2 hours on high.
- When meat and vegetables are cooked, top with shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 68mgSodium 358mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 2gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 16g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.