Easy Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls Recipe - chicken tacos cooked with vegetables for a hearty and delicious taco filling the whole family will love!
I love delicious taco-style bowls full of cheese, veggies, and TONS of flavor.
They are simple, quick, and really adaptable - you can pile them on salads, in tacos, over rice, or even in a mexican style pasta or enchiladas and burritos!
I recently upped my taco bowl game and started making them in the slow cooker though, and now I might never look back.... especially when these crazy healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls are so quick, simple, and freaking DELICIOUS!
In this post, I'm going to share my chicken taco bowl recipe - but also tons of ideas and tips to make this recipe a knockout staple your family will ask for again and again:
- Healthy Taco Bowl Variation Ideas
- Vegan Slow Cooker Taco Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowl Serving Ideas
- Other Delicious Recipe's You'll Love
JUST TAKE ME TO THE BEST EVER SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACO BOWLS RECIPE ALREADY!
I have readers from all levels of skill and comfort in the kitchen on my site, so I try to provide as much information as possible as a commitment to my loyal readers.
If you'd like to skip over that, click "skip to recipe" in the op left corner, or scroll to the bottom of the page.
Easy Taco Bowl Recipe Ideas
When I say crazy healthy, I mean these clock in at under 220 calories per serving--- really!
Even with all that melty, delicious cheese.
I like to fill my taco meat with zucchini (which sounds super odd- but I promise, it really does take on a meaty flavor when slow cooked with taco seasoning...) which makes it more delicious and cuts down on fat and calories.
This chicken taco bowl recipe is incredibly adaptable - you can change it easily to add ingredients you love or fit what you have on hand at home. Try different combinations to see what chicken taco flavors you love!
Other delicious ingredients you can add to these slow cooker chicken taco bowls to up the nutritional content:
- Diced walnuts
- Diced eggplant
- Chopped broccoli florets
- Riced Cauliflower
- Shredded Carrots
Vegan Slow Cooker Taco Bowls
While these chicken taco bowls are completely delicious and a lighter version of my favorite low carb cheesy taco skillet, they can also be easily made vegan with some simple and delicious ingredient swaps.
- Use vegan cheese to give yourself a rich cheesy flavor. Be sure to use a cheese that melts well.
- Swap diced zucchini for chicken in the recipe - no need to pre-cook.
- Swap eggplant for chicken in the recipe - no need to pre-cook.
- Use "chicken" soy crumbles - simply pour into the slow cooker as you would pre-cooked ground chicken.
If you love these slow cooker chicken tacos, you'll love these other taco skillet meals:
These slow cooker chicken tacos are simple, easy, and full of flavor. If you love them be sure to check out some of my other favorite taco skillet meals!
And be sure to try these slow cooker chicken tacos in these taco stuffed avocados!
How To Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls:
These slow cooker chicken taco bowls are incredibly delicious on their own - and make a delicious low carb and keto meal - but you can also add this recipe into a ton of different ideas to make a delicious chicken taco dinner (some low carb, some not!)
Here are some of my favorite ways to serve slow cooker chicken tacos:
- Add over lettuce for a delicious Cheesy Mexican Chicken Taco Salad
- Spoon into tacos and bake for 10-15 minutes for perfect baked chicken tacos
- Spoon into a tortilla, smother with green chile, and bake to make cheesy chicken chimichangas
- Spoon in to bell peppers and bake until pepper is soft for delicious cheesy chicken taco stuffed bell peppers
- Layer over tortilla chips and bake for deliciously addictive cheesy chicken nachos
- Serve with large romaine or butter lettuce leaves for low carb cheesy chicken tacos
- Spoon over rice or cauliflower rice for a chicken taco bowl everyone loves
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls Recipe
If you love The Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls is so simple - set and forget it and come home to a delicious low calorie mexican dinner the whole family will love!
Bursting with flavor, great for a paleo or keto diet, and a great way to add extra veggies to your kids dinners without complaints!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 oz diced tomatoes with green chilis
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 g cilantro
- Add diced vegetables and ground chicken to slow cooker with taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, 2 ½ hours on high.
- When meat and vegetables are cooked, top with shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve!
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 68mgSodium 358mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 2gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 16g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.