One Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Skillet Soup
Hearty, rich, and delicious one pot cheesy chicken taco soup will be your favorite easy new quick family pleasing meal!
When I’m craving a big, hearty, and comforting meal, I usually think of a stew or a soup. There’s nothing better than a delicious, hot, and filling soup for dinner.
Soups are a perfect one pot dinner because they are so quick and simple – and this skillet soup cooks right in a large skillet or frying pan- no draining, moving veggies and meat in and out of the pot, etc needed!
Cheesy taco skillet soup is a meal the whole family loves – it is creamy, spicy, and bursting with flavor – right in the skillet, so you don’t have to clean up a ton of dirty dishes!
Other One Pot Chicken Dishes You’ll love:
If you love this simple and easy chicken soup, you’re going to love these easy chicken dinners:
Tips to Perfect Skillet Soup
-This dish can be used with any ground meat – but I prefer chicken since it is quick, easy, and lighter. It also doesn’t require draining off the fat. If you use a fattier meat, you might want to drain off the fat if you’re using particularly fatty meat.
-Don’t cook the meat all the way before adding veggies in, since you’ll want them to brown and soften too. I like to get my chicken a lovely brown color before adding veggies, and then finish cooking it to 165 degrees while cooking the onions and peppers.
-For creamier soup, you can add up to a cup of sour cream or cream cheese right into the soup when adding the cheddar cheese.
-This recipe works with your favorite taco seasoning blend mix – just remember an American store packet of taco seasonings is about 2 tbsp.
To Make One Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Soup You’ll Need:
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Skillet Soup Recipe
To watch me make this recipe, click here (scroll under the recipe to find the shareable Facebook video:)
- 1 lb chicken, lean ground
- 2 bell peppers, I like to vary the colors, but you can use any you have on hand, sliced and diced into 1" squares
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can ro-tel diced tomatoes with chili seasonings
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning , 1 Taco Seasoning packet
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, sliced pickled
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 12 oz chicken stock
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat heavy skillet on medium high.
- Add ground chicken to pan, crumbling as you cook and brown the chicken, about 5 minutes.
- When chicken is golden brown (but not fully cooked), add peppers and onions.
- Cook until soft and lightly browned, another 5 minutes.
- Add can of ro-tel and mix.
- Add water and lime juice, and let cook down almost completely, 5 minutes.
- Add taco seasonings and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add cheese, and olives and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with cilantro.
Amount Per ServingCalories 302 Saturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 78mg Sodium 414mg Carbohydrates 10g Fiber 1g Sugar 4g Protein 21g