Nov 08, 2014, Updated Feb 28, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’ve been around my blog for a while, you probably know that I am all about making fun, delicious moonshines in all sorts of flavors. Today I am super excited to share one of the most festive batches we’ve made yet- Cranberry Moonshine!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Spunky Cranberry Moonshine
This cranberry moonshine makes a great group gift. I like to hand out flavored moonshines for Christmas gifts for my husband’s employees because I can make a large batch all at once, and they are so beautiful!
For this recipe you will need
- Cranberry juice – cranberry juice has a super sharp flavor that pairs well with the alcohol and makes this moonshine give drinks a sharp hit.
- White sugar – you need sugar to balance out the intensity of the cranberry flavor.
- Fresh Cranberries – fresh cranberries give this moonshine a beautiful look and a fresh intensity.
- 190 proof grain alcohol – I use everclear for this moonshine. It mixes well with the intensity of the cranberries.
How to make Cranberry Moonshine
- Bring all the ingredients except the alcohol to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Don’t let it heat for a long time or else the fresh cranberries will split into cranberry sauce.
- Cover and remove from the heat, let it cool. Sterilize your jars and prepare them while you are waiting.
- Mix the alcohol into the cooled mixture. Label it into the prepared jars, label them with the date, and let them sit for 2 weeks to 6 months.
Tips and Tricks
Tip 1 – We’re not actually sealing/canning the jars- just bringing all of the ingredients except the alcohol to a boil, letting it cool, and then adding them to sterile jars with Everclear. It is important to use Everclear for this recipe since it has such a high alcohol content. This helps keep everything from going bad!
Tip 2 – It’s best to make the moonshine ahead of time and let it sit, as the moonshine will sweeten and become more flavorful over time.
Tip 3 – Remember this moonshine is HIGHLY alcoholic- do not drive after drinking. It is not worth the risk- let’s keep the holidays happy! Please also keep well out of the reach of children. This is such an alcoholic drink it could be very dangerous if ingested by a child.
This makes for delicious cocktails when mixed with sprite, ginger ale, or tonic.
Yes but make sure its 190 proof so the mixture keeps well.
Check out some of our favorite recipes to enjoy alongside your drink!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 gallons cranberry juice
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 package cranberries, fresh
- 1 liter bottle of 190 proof grain alcohol, Everclear
- Bring ingredients EXCEPT everclear to a boil.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Get sterile jars ready.
- Mix everclear into cooled juice mixture.
- Ladel into jars, let sit for 2 weeks or up to six months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
ANJAYLIA 2 Pack 33ft 100 LED Fairy Lights Battery Operated, Waterproof Twinkle String Lights, Copper Wire Dimmable Firefly Lights with Remote Control Timer, Warm White
Ribbli Silver Glitter Wired Ribbon,Silver Ribbon with Metallic Edge,Christmas Ribbon for Wreath, ChritmasTree Decoration, Gift Wrapping,Home Decor, 1-1/2 Inch x 10 Yards
365 by Whole Foods Market, Cranberries Whole Organic, 10 Ounce
DOMINO GRANULATED PURE CANE WHITE SUGAR 4 LB BAG (Single)
365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic 100% Juice Flavored Juice Blend from Concentrate, Cranberry Pomegranate, 64 Fl Oz
Regular Mouth Mason Jars 32 oz [4 Pack] With mason jar lids and Bands, mason jars 32 oz - For Canning, Fermenting, Pickling, Jar Decor - Microwave/Freeze/Dishwasher Safe + SEWANTA Jar Opener
Nutrition InformationYield 30 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 808Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 18mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 0gSugar 45gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.