Quick and easy one pot Creamy Beef Stroganoff Fettuccine is a delicious, comforting dish the whole family loves!
I’m not someone who you would consider picky – until you sit down to eat with me.
I’ve tried tons of crazy foods, sure (and am known to get adventurous when traveling), but I have a weird issue with condiments.
Not all condiments mind you (I could live off hot sauce and BBQ sauce alone), but the ever popular mayonnaise, mustard (which in fairness, I’m somewhat allergic to), ketchup, relish, and sour cream.
My husband says it’s positively un-American of me – but for the life of me, I just can’t deal with certain condiments – which can be tricky when cooking certain dishes, like say the very sour-cream-y stroganoff.
To get around my sour cream aversion, I usually sub it out for another thing I don’t really actually love, but DO really like in pasta dishes – Cream Cheese!
I know that stroganoff normally uses sour cream- but i am weird, and don’t actually like sour cream much. I do, however, really like to use cream cheese in recipes that call for sour cream – it takes on a more buttery garlicky flavor when added to this dish- and makes the whole meal a bit thicker and heartier.
You can of course sub this out and use sour cream if you prefer the real thing!
And if you love this, you’ll love this One Pot Creamy Beef Stroganoff Ravioli!
Same great beefy, cheesy, creamy flavors – with raviolis!
As an added bonus, the cook time is even faster since the beefy flavor comes from the raviolis- no browning ground beef required!
This dish is perfect for a busy weeknight – but is also pretty and super easy – making it a great dinner party option too!
Creamy Beef Stroganoff Fettuccine
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 onion, optional
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup whole milk , or heavy cream
- 2 tsp salt, plus more to taste if preferred
- 2 tsp cracked pepper
- 4 cups al dente fettuccine
- fresh green onions or cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- grated parmesan, grated, to garnish
- In a large pan, brown ground beef on medium high.
- When mostly browned, drain fat.
- Add mushrooms and let cook down and release liquid, keep stirring so mushrooms don't burn and stick.
- Add cream, cream cheese, cheese, and water and let cook until reduced, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When liquid has cooked down to a creamy sauce, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour over fettuccine, mix well.
- Garnish with green onions or cilantro and fresh grated parmesan.
Amount Per ServingCalories 365 Saturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 102mg Sodium 976mg Carbohydrates 6g Sugar 3g Protein 17g