One Pot Creamy Shrimp Florentine Skillet is a deliciously easy dinner everyone loves! Perfect for family night or a dinner party in under 20 minutes.
I love creamy, garlicky skillet meals that are done quick- and I really love skillet shrimp dinners.
My husband and I recently started a very low carb diet – but were craving a delicious, creamy comfort food – that our kids would love and could be poured over rice for them, too – and this shrimp was a major knockout.
It’s garlicky, salty, and sweet – with a little lemon and spicy kick. Plus I get to serve shrimp with spinach, and for once, nobody complains!
This One Pot Creamy Shrimp Florentine Skillet is so delicious, I don’t even bother putting it over pasta – I just eat it right out of the pan!
The sauce is also amazing to dip bread into… or dive into face first — whichever happens first 🙂
Creamy Shrimp Florentine Serving Ideas
Serve over rice for a creamy, delicious seafood scampi the whole family will love.
Serve with fresh tossed linguine or fettuccine as a classic shrimp florentine pasta.
Zucchini noodles pair perfectly with this shrimp for a low carb pasta that is deceptively indulgent.
Eat shrimp alongside grilled vegetables – or just dig right in!
Tips to a Perfect Creamy Shrimp Dinner
-Resist the urge to overcook your shrimp – shrimp takes on a gummy texture when overcooked that is anything but pleasant.
Shrimp should be cooked to when they are just all pink, and then removed from the heat.
-Lowering the heat under the pan when adding cream helps the sauce not break instantly and take on a thick, creamy texture.
If saving as leftovers, remove lemons from sauce and discard. The lemons break down and become really bitter when left overnight. There will still be plenty of lemon flavor in the dish if you get rid of them before storing!
One Pot Creamy Shrimp Florentine Skillet Recipe Video
Click the video below to watch my video recipe:
One Pot Creamy Shrimp Florentine Skillet Recipe
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, sliced sundried
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp italian spice blend, oregano, basil, thyme
- 1 cup diced spinach
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon sliced into thin rounds and then in half
- In a large, heavy pot, heat butter until melted.
- Add garlic and sautee on medium until very lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add in sundried tomatoes, cook until softened and garlic is browned.
- Pour white wine over garlic and tomatoes, let reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Cook spinach in when wine is reduced, and let wilt.
- Turn off heat, and pour cream in (pouring the cream in when its super hot will break the sauce).
- Add parmesan.
- Stir well to mix.
- Return heat to medium and stir well.
- Stir in shrimp, let get pink on one side and then flip.
- Add lemons over the shrimp, let sauce reduce by half.
- When shrimp is opaque, remove from heat and serve over pasta, rice, vegetables - or on its own!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 395 Saturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 374mg Sodium: 1084mg Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 26g
If You Love This Recipe, Try These Easy Seafood and One Pot Weeknight Meals :