This creamy, delicious, and easy one pan beef stroganoff is so simple and quick – a perfect weeknight meal when you don’t want to dirty a bunch of dishes but need a hearty dinner!
I am someone who is generally non-picky about food, but I can be super picky about condiments, cream cheese, sour cream, and a few small condiment/garnishes with food.
It sounds funny, I know, but I generally shy away from cream cheese based pastas because I don’t love the flavor of cream cheese (which most of my family sees akin to a different religion, but I digress…) but this recipe?
I LOVE IT.
It is so creamy, rich, hearty and delicious- and it comes together in a snap with a funny technique I use to toast the pasta.
It sounds funny to cook the pasta with the meat instead of just boiling it – but it works really well! It gives a slightly toasted and nutty flavor, and keeps your pasta from getting too mushy.
However, you really, really have to pay attention to make sure they dont stick to the bottom of the pan or burn!
You seriously can’t get a creamier, easier pasta dish than this on a busy weeknight – it’s the perfect creamy beef pasta!
This stroganoff is super simple, and takes additions really well. You can add peppers, garlic, or other vegetables- or make low fat substitutions. You could also make this with zucchini noodles for a low carb version – simply add them at the end of the recipe so they don’t overcook- or check out my spaghetti squash stroganoff recipe!
I hope you love this easy one pot pasta recipe as much as our family does!
One Pan Beef Stroganoff
This creamy, delicious, and easy one pan beef stroganoff is so simple and quick - a perfect weeknight meal when you don't want to dirty a bunch of dishes but need a hearty dinner!
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 large onion, optional
- 10 oz egg noodles
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk, or heavy cream
- 2 tsp salt, plus more to taste if preferred
- 2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- green onions , chopped, to garnish
- parmesan, grated, to garnish
- In a large pan, brown ground beef on medium high.
- When mostly browned, drain fat, and add noodles.
- Stir to prevent burning, but let noodles toast.
- Add mushrooms and let cook down and release liquid, keep stirring so noodles don't burn and stick.
- Add milk, cheese, and water and let cook until reduced, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When noodles are al dente and liquid has cooked down to a creamy sauce, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with green onions or cilantro and fresh grated parmesan.
Amount Per Serving Calories 602Saturated Fat 10gCholesterol 143mgSodium 1274mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 32g