Easy Garlic Butter Texas Toast Recipe – how to make delicious, easy Texas toast that is loaded with garlic butter and parmesan flavor the whole family loves!
Texas Toast is one of my all-time favorite side dishes – is is salty, crunchy, cheesy, soft, and this version is even loaded with tons of garlic butter flavor!
Thick, crunchy bread sliced and topped with garlic butter, cheese, and parsley – you’re going to want this easy dinner side dish every day of the week!
I hope you love this delicious easy baked Texas Toast recipe as much as my family does!
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What Bread For Texas Toast
If your grocer doesn’t offer freshly baked bread with wide slices (often labeled Texas toast), there are a few options for bread to use for the delicious baked garlic bread.
Texas toast is usually thick-cut from enriched square white bread, so that is the top pick to grab if you’re looking for unsliced bread loaves to make Texas toast with.
The best whole loaf of bread to use for making Texas toast if you can’t find square enriched white bread is a soft loaf of Italian bread that hasn’t been sliced.
In a pinch, soft and larger french bread loaves (not baguettes, there is not enough soft middle to the bread to get the perfect crispy and chewy texture of Texas toast) work well too.
How Thick To Slice Texas Toast
One of the major draws for Texas toast is the chewy and crispy texture that comes from baking thick slices of soft bread, so the outside crisps nicely for a crunchy bite – just as you get to the soft and chewy center.
Making sure you slice Texas toast slices to the right thickness definitely matters – but luckily, it is much, much easier to slice bread thicker than thinner if you need to slice bread at home because your store doesn’t carry loaves pre-cut to a wide slice.
Easy Garlic Butter For Garlic Bread
I like to make garlic compound butter that is perfect for spreading on bread, over pasta, in sautéed chicken dishes and more – it is super simple, and has a rich buttery taste with an explosion of garlic flavor.
Don’t be surprised when you want to slather this butter on everything!
How Thick To Cut Texas Toast
To get the perfect thick bread flavor, slice your Texas toast bread slices to 1 inch thick.
This will ensure a crunchy base, with a slightly soft and chewy middle, perfect for tons of garlicky butter flavor!
Other Favorite Appetizers
If you love this easy baked Texas toast recipe, please check out some of my other favorite easy (and incredibly delicious) appetizers, perfect for any party!
Be sure to click through to get each easy printable appetizer recipe!
Leftovers can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days, or frozen for up to four months.
Easy Garlic Butter Texas Toast Recipe
If you love this Garlic Butter Texas Toast Recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy Garlic Butter Texas Toast Recipe - how to make delicious, easy Texas toast that is loaded with garlic butter and parmesan flavor the whole family loves!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh diced parsley + 1 teaspoon fresh diced parsley, to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan, to garnish
- 1 loaf square enriched white bread
- In a medium sized bowl, add butter. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pan, add olive oil and heat to medium. When olive oil is shiny, add garlic, and fresh parsley.
- Heat until fragrant, stirring often to prevent stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to bowl with butter.
- Add dried garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and roll into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to three days.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice enriched white bread into 1" thick slices.
- Spread garlic compound butter over one side of bread.
- Top with sprinkles of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and hot, and bread is crispy.
- Top with shredded parmesan and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Sweet C’s Favorite Recipes
If you’re looking for other favorite recipes from Sweet C’s, I’m rounding up my all time favorite below!