Creamy One Pot Chicken Stroganoff
Nov 29, 2018, Updated Aug 22, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Great over noodles, rice, vegetables or just straight out of the pan, this creamy one pot chicken stroganoff is bursting with garlic, cream cheese, chicken and mushroom flavor that is easy to make, rich, and incredibly delicious for a one pot chicken dinner in under 20 minutes! Don’t be surprised if you want to lick the whole pan!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Simple Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
Stroganoff is one of our family’s all time favorite dishes – it is creamy, rich, bursting with garlic flavors – and has a meaty kick from mushrooms.
You just can’t get more comforting than a hot, rich, and delicious plate full of stroganoff over noodles, rice, and even spaghetti squash or zoodles – it’s the perfect dinner for all sorts of diets and can easily work into a keto or low carb diet, too!
This stroganoff recipe takes a classic and flips it on it’s head with delicious pan fried chicken and mushrooms, tons of creamy flavor, and plenty of garlic – for a dinner nobody can say no to!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Creamy One Pot Chicken Stroganoff
Creamy chicken stroganoff is the perfect easy dinner because it is incredibly versatile, quick, and simple to prepare – so it’s perfect for a dinner party, busy weeknight, or comforting Sunday supper.
Chicken stroganoff is one of those dishes you can add or substitute ingredients easily – try it with your favorite vegetables, over different noodles or rice (and even over cauliflower rice or zoodles!) for a different dinner each time you make it!
- Let the chicken broth cook down before adding cream cheese to prevent a too-liquid dish.
- Don’t overcook your chicken – it will dry out and become tough and chewy.
- This dinner is great over rice, pasta or with bread – but is also delicious over baked cauliflower rice, sautéed vegetables, or baked potatoes for a totally customize-able and diet friendly meal!
- If planning this meal for meal prep (leftovers), make sure chicken is fully cooked, but do not over-reduce and let sauce thicken.
- Refrigerate when sauce is still very runny, it will thicken when reheating.
- Cooking more will make sauce thicken and dry out when reheating if overcooked.
To Make This One Pot Chicken Stroganoff You Need:
This easy stroganoff is one of my favorites because it doesn’t require a ton of extra fussy kitchen equipment – just a couple basic needs – for your meal to come together into a memorable feast your family will beg for over and over again!
Large frying pan
Other One Pot Chicken Dishes You’ll Love:
If you love this easy and delicious creamy chicken stroganoff dinner you’ll love these easy chicken dinners:
Also try my favorites like: One Pot Garlic Lemon Roasted Chicken and Potatoes, Blackened Chicken Thighs with Garlic Butter Sauce, Garlic Butter Parmesan Tuscan Mushrooms, Stuffed Chicken Parmesan, and Easy 1o Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Broiled Lobster Tails.
Creamy One Pot Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 chicken, sliced in half (or 6 small chicken breasts)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, cremini ,cleaned, de stemmed, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp italian herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter until foamy and melted.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken breasts.
- Add to pan and cook on medium high until lightly browned on the outside, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add onion to pan, cook to soft, about another 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook to soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add stock to pan and scrape up any browned bits, turn heat to high and let reduce in half.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan, italian spice, pepper flakes, pepper, and stir.
- After about 3 minutes when stock thickens and chicken has fully cooked, serve over pasta, rice, baked potato, or sauteed vegetables.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Hotec Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs Set of 2 - 9" and 12", Locking Metal Food Tongs Non-Slip Grip
Knorr Professional Ultimate Chicken Paste Base Gluten Free, No Artificial Flavors or Preservatives, No MSG added, Colors from Natural Sources, 1 Pound (Pack of 6)
WÜSTHOF Classic 7" Santoku Knife
All-Clad HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan 12 Inch Induction Pots and Pans, Cookware Black,Medium Grey
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 103mgSodium 521mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 18g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.