One Pot Garlic Lemon Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
Easy and delicious One Pot Garlic Lemon Roasted Chicken and Potatoes are a complete greek inspired rustic chicken and potatoes dinner that are a huge family favorite and great for meal prep for take to school or take to work lunches! Great for an effortlessly extravagant rustic dinner party, and works well in a whole-foods centered diet or healthy eating plan.
I love simple, easy, and delicious Greek-inspired chicken dishes that are rustic, bursting with lemon and garlic flavor, and involve almost no work for an unfussy, everyday extravagant meal that can be on the table in under an hour for a busy weeknight - that also work for healthy meal planning ideas and are great as leftovers, AND can work as a great dinner party recipe option.
That sounds like a tall order, doesn't it?
Luckily, this insanely easy Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken and Potatoes meal is a snap to make, and is always a huge hit.
This easy baked chicken breast recipe is a spinoff of my insanely popular one pot garlic lemon whole roasted chicken - and is guaranteed to make everyone beg for the recipe!
I love to make this simple and easy dinner for a dinner party, served with a Greek Farm Salad or some fresh roasted vegetables for an effortlessly easy dinner people will rave about for weeks.
This Garlic Chicken is so good, you'll want to eat it again and again!
Tips to Perfect Garlic Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
-Line your baking dish with aluminum foil to make it truly-mess free cleanup- simply lift and toss the foil when you're done!
-Check the temperature of your chicken or get an oven safe probe thermometer to know when to remove the foil and start crisping under the broiler. You only want to cook your chicken under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the outer skin - you don't want to have the broiler take away all the delicious juicy flavor you've made by over-broiling it!
To Make This Easy Lemon Garlic Meal Prep Chicken and Potatoes Recipe, You'll Need:
Other One Pot Chicken Dinners You'll Love:
If you love these easy baked lemon garlic chicken and potatoes, please be sure to check out some of my other super easy and delicious one pot chicken dinners below.
All are super easy, family favorite and reader approved - I hope you love this collection of easy chicken dinners as much as I do! And as a huge bonus, they all make fantastic meal prep ideas for make-ahead take to work lunches or take to school lunches!
One Pot Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken, about 6 oz each, or 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half to make 4
- 1 lb potatoes, fingerling, washed thoroughly and sliced in half (slice into quarters if needed to keep a somewhat even size for all)
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp greek oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp salt, celtic sea
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a glass baking dish, drizzle olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the dish.
- Add chicken breasts and potatoes to dish and sprinkle lemon juice, herbs, salt, and pepper over.
- Stir to mix.
- Add garlic and lemon to dish, placing over chicken and potatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes, until chicken is white and firm.
- Remove foil.
- Flip chicken to other side and stir potatoes, and cook until lightly browned and 165 degrees internal temperature, flipping every 5 minutes - which will be about 10-15 minutes total.
- If chicken is 155-160 degrees internal temoerature, and you'd like a little darker color on the dish, turn the broiler to high and finish cooking under broiler to get a lovely browned, crispy finish to the chicken.
- Serve immediately over rice, pasta, or vegetables - leftovers are fabulous over salads or in wraps and sandwiches!
Amount Per Serving Calories 186Saturated Fat 1gSodium 3503mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 4gSugar 1gProtein 4g