Creamy Tuscan Alfredo Chicken – an easy, delicious, and craveable dinner that everyone loves and is budget friendly!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Quick and Easy Creamy Tuscan Chicken Alfredo
I don’t know many people who don’t love tucking into a rich, deliciously creamy dish filled with garlic, tomatoes, chicken and spinach. This creamy dish is an absolute family favorite. If you are on a specific diet see tips below for options.
-Use Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese – Neufchatel has 560 calories per package, vs. 800 calories in cream cheese – as well as only 48 grams of fat vs cream cheese’s72.
-Use Skim Milk instead of heavy cream to save a whopping 700 calories and 86 grams of fat per cup.
-Use skinless chicken breasts, in place of chicken thighs. This recipe calls for 5 chicken thighs, so swap 3 medium sized chicken breasts (or 2 large chicken breasts). You can cut the chicken into cubes and cook, or cook whole (this may add a bit of cooktime to the recipe below- keep a thermometer handy and get the chicken to 145 degrees internally before adding other ingredients to pan.)
-Serve with Zucchini Noodles, instead of pasta, for a lower calorie and lower carb option! (I recommend this vegetable spiralizer – it is my favorite!)
Sides to enjoy with your Creamy Tuscan Chicken Alfredo
Click here to see all our chicken recipes!
Creamy Tuscan Alfredo Chicken Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Creamy Tuscan Alfredo Chicken
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, garlic infused or olive oil
- 4-6 chicken thighs, skin on (around 1lb, depending on size of thighs)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (I prefer button or cremini mushrooms)
- 8 sundried tomatoes, sliced into small bites
- 1/2 cup spinach, frozen
- 1/2 cup beef stock, or chicken
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper, optional
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Add oil to pan on medium high heat, until it is thin and shimmery (with no smoke).
- Add chicken thighs to pan, flipping every five minutes, until 145 degrees internally (chicken thighs will be firm and should look browned and crispy.)
- Add mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and spinach to pan and cook until lightly browned.
- Add herbs, spices, and salt, stir.
- Slowly add in stock, scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in cream cheese, and let it slowly melt, stirring to help mix it around the pan.
- Slowly add in cream and parmesan, stirring well.
- Let sauce thicken and reduce slightly, about five minutes, until it is smooth and creamy instead of runny.
- Remove from pan and pour over pasta or zucchini noodles, or even rice.
- Top with red pepper flakes or cilantro, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 617Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 247mgSodium 953mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 42g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Nice change of pace…pleased the family!!!