Creamy Tuscan Alfredo Chicken - an easy, delicious, and craveable dinner that everyone loves and is budget friendly!
I don't know many people who don't love tucking into a rich, deliciously creamy dish filled with garlic, tomatoes, chicken and spinach - it's
You don't need to fret over this recipe if you're sticking to a diet either - I'm providing some healthy (and still completely delicious) swaps to lighten up this creamy, indulgent dinner:
-Use Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese - Neufchatel has 560 calories per package, vs. 800 calories in cream cheese - as well as only 48 grams of fat vs cream cheese's72.
-Use Skim Milk instead of heavy cream to save a whopping 700 calories and 86 grams of fat per cup.
-Use skinless chicken breasts, in place of chicken thighs. This recipe calls for 5 chicken thighs, so swap 3 medium sized chicken breasts (or 2 large chicken breasts). You can cut the chicken into cubes and cook, or cook whole (this may add a bit of cooktime to the recipe below- keep a thermometer handy and get the chicken to 145 degrees internally before adding other ingredients to pan.)
-Serve with Zucchini Noodles, instead of pasta, for a lower calorie and lower carb option! (I recommend this vegetable spiralizer - it is my favorite!)
Creamy Tuscan Alfredo Chicken Buying Guide
Love what I used in the video? Buy it here! (contains affiliate links)
This doesn't need to be cooked in an electric skillet, but if you have one (and maybe don't have a great stove, or you're throwing a big dinner party and already have too much on the stove) it works well!
Creamy Tuscan Alfredo Chicken
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, garlic infused
- 4-6 chicken , thighs, skin on (around 1lb, depending on size of thighs)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (I prefer button or cremini mushrooms)
- 8 sundried tomatoes, sliced into small bites
- ½ cup spinach, frozen
- ½ cup beef stock, or chicken
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp white pepper, optional
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Add oil to pan on medium high heat, until it is thin and shimmery (with no smoke).
- Add chicken thighs to pan, flipping every five minutes, until 145 degrees internally (chicken thighs will be firm and should look browned and crispy.)
- Add mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and spinach to pan and cook until lightly browned.
- Add herbs and spices, stir.
- Slowly add in stock, scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in cream cheese, and let it slowly melt, stirring to help mix it around the pan.
- Slowly add in cream and parmesan, stirring well.
- Let sauce thicken and reduce slightly, about five minutes, until it is smooth and creamy instead of runny.
- Remove from pan and pour over pasta or zucchini noodles, or even rice.
- Top with red pepper flakes or cilantro, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Saturated Fat 20gCholesterol 112mgSodium 470mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 12g