Easy Roasted Tomatoes Recipe - delicious, soft roasted tomatoes bursting with parmesan, basil, and garlic flavor for a simple side dish in under 20 minutes.
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
These simple, fresh, and gorgeous roasted tomatoes are my favorite new side dish - and they are about to be yours.
We're roasting tomatoes with just a bit of seasoning and olive oil for under 20 minutes, and topping them with plenty of parmesan and basil to pack a flavorful punch.
If you love rich tomato and garlic flavor, this super simple side dish is going to be your favorite.
I like to eat them with big meaty dinners - or over a simple salad, and even veggie noodles for a quick lunch.
The best part of this recipe? The smell from this side dish is amazing - your whole house fills up with garlic, basil and tomato and it is to die for!
- Serve with steaks, pork, chicken, vegetarian meals, or Italian food - this dinner is super versatile!
- Easy to clean - almost no mess!
- Vegetarian and can be made vegan (using vegan parmesan, or skip the cheese).
- Tons of flavor - without any grains or gluten, or extra additives!
- Even picky eaters love this dish - and tomatoes are good for you, so you can feel good about serving it to your family!
Opt for smaller tomatoes for the best results - but any tomatoes will work for this recipe, though it will impact cook time.
We based our cooking time on small, on the vine hydroponic campari tomatoes.
If you choose a larger beefsteak tomato, plan on 30-40 minutes to get a softer tomato. For cherry tomatoes, plan on 10-15 minutes.
Roasted tomatoes are done when they are soft and fragrant - but it is somewhat up to your taste. I like them with a bit of give, some people like them completely soft.
Roasted tomatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
This side dish is great because the simple, clean flavors go with pretty much everything!
Some of our favorite recent main dishes:
You can find our entire main dish recipe archives here.
Easy Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 12-18small tomatoes (I used campari)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 4-6 sprigs fresh basil, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, slice tomatoes in half and arrange in a baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Tuck garlic cloves around tomatoes in the pan.
- Top tomatoes with parmesan and basil.
- Bake until softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Some people prefer softer tomatoes, baked around 40 minutes - some prefer them sturdier and baked for about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 146Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 2mgSodium 1656mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Find our web story for this post here.