Easy Baked Sweet Potato Nachos
May 20, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Baked Sweet Potato Nachos – easy vegetarian sweet potato nachos that are loaded with tons of fresh healthy flavor!
Delicious crunchy baked sweet potatoes loaded with corn, beans, onion, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream and avocado slices!
These sweet potato nachos are hearty and filling – without being greasy or heavy.
This recipe is a great way to get more vegetables on your plate without sacrificing comfort – and is easily adaptable, so you can use whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand, or even top with meat.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Nachos
We designed this recipe to be full of flavor, hearty, and delicious – without meat.
You can certainly add meat if you’d like, but we packed a ton of budget friendly flavor into this dish and are bringing lots of hearty veggies that help fill you up!
If you’d like to modify this recipe to be vegan, please use a vegan sour cream and cashew or almond cheese – no other swaps needed, and you can keep it gluten free.
Easy Sweet Potato Chips
This recipe starts with a twist on our crunchy sweet potato chips recipe, but we’re tossing them in tons of herbs and spices for extra flavor – without more calories or anything artificial!
Toss sweet potato slices in spices and olive oil until well mixed, before spreading out on prepared baking sheet.
How To Bake Sweet Potato Nachos
Once your chips have been baked to crispy and crunchy, its time to load them all up with tons of toppings!
Spread toppings and cheese out all over chips evenly and bake until melted and golden brown!
To be sure your nachos come out great every time, there are a couple tips:
- Make sure your sweet potatoes are baked to crunchy before topping.
- Pile sweet potato chips in middle of baking sheet to make it easier to spread toppings over all chips.
- Bake to golden brown – the time might vary depending on how many toppings you choose!
- Chips can be made ahead of time, but nachos taste best freshly baked.
Sweet Potato Nacho Toppings
We’re adding lots of beans, onions, jalapenos or peppers, corn to these nachos, but you can add jackfruit, lentils, chickpeas, olives, green chilis – anything you’d like!
This recipe can be stored up to four days in the refrigerator – but we prefer sweet potato nachos that are freshly baked for the best texture and flavor. When reheating, remove any sour cream and avocados, and add a little more cheese for more flavor.
We prefer eating sweet potato nachos the same day they are made – but the dish can be prepped up to a day in advance.
Bake chips to crunchy, then store in a container in a cool dry place until ready to make nachos – or assemble nachos and wrap tightly with plastic wrap, so it’s ready to pop in oven right before dinner!
Easy Baked Sweet Potato Nachos
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes (about 2 potatoes), peeled and sliced evenly
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup of canned sweet corn, drained
- ½ cup of sliced olives, drained
- ¼ cup of diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup of Colby jack cheese, freshly shredded
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking pan (12x16-inch or bigger) with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pan and pour the oil, salt, pepper and chili powder on top and toss to combine.
- Spread the potato slices out on the pan and bake for 35 minutes then flip the potatoes over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Sprinkle the beans, corn, olives, onion, jalapeño and cheese in layers on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted then add some sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 512Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 36mgSodium 509mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 8gSugar 9gProtein 11g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.