Delicious crunchy chocolate cookies shaped like nests and topped with Cadbury Mini Eggs for an adorable delicious Easter treat!
Here at Sweet C's, we have lots of types of readers - those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Cadbury Mini Egg Nest Cookies
We love these cookies because they are no-bake - you can easily whip them up with your kids (get them to help break up the cereal, it is always a huge hit with the little ones! Just be sure to have a vacuum ready, it gets a bit messy when kids do it, but they get to have lots of fun!) and make them without heating up your whole kitchen.
The sweet and salty, chocolatey and crunchy contrasts make these fun cookies irresistable and addictive - the perfect sweet treat for Easter. We love how fun they look - just like little birds nests - topped with Cadbury Mini Eggs!
How to Make Easter Nest Cookies
To make this recipe, you'll need:
- 2 cups shredded wheat, crushed - shredded wheat is perfect for this recipe because it is crunchy, salty, and gives a great cookie-like flavor, in an instant, no baking required!
- ½ cup light corn syrup - corn syrup helps these cookies taste sweet without being overpowering and helps them bind together.
- ½ cup unsalted butter - for best results, we prefer unsalted butter for these cookies, as shredded wheat can taste too salty with salted butter for these cookies.
- 1 cup milk chocolate - the classic, sweet, and mild flavor of milk chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate - adding dark chocolate and milk chocolate brings a rich cocoa flavor that kids and adults both love that isn't bitter or overpowering and isn't too sweet.
- ½ cup cadbury mini eggs for the top - Cadbury Mini Eggs are the perfect decoration for these Easter nests - but any egg shaped candy will do if you can't find Cadbury Mini Eggs.
To make these easy no-bake Easter cookies, we're going to follow this process:
Tips to Perfect Easter Nest Cookies & FAQs
Keep them cool. These cookies will melt - so be sure to store them in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
Try coverture chocolate. If you want to up the taste and shine of these cookies, try making them with coverture chocolate.
Try other candy. We're using Cadbury Mini Eggs because we love the flavor - but you can use any egg-shaped candy, even jellybeans, to these nests!
Try other cereals.
Yes, you can microwave the butter, corn syrup, and chocolate mixture to melt it instead of cooking on the stovetop. We suggest microwaving in 30 second bursts to prevent burning.
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to one week.
We're using shredded wheat for the base for our cookies - so it is not gluten-free. You can swap the cereal for another crunchy gluten-free cereal and use gluten-free certified chocolate to make this GF-friendly, however.
Other Easter Recipes You'll Love
If you're looking for more delicious ideas to wow this Easter, check out some of our favorites - from how to dye easter eggs without a kit, to a delicious chocolate marbled Easter bark, an amazingly delicious layered carrot cake with classic nostalgic flavors, and our knockout ribeye roast that is a showstopper at any holiday dinner table!
You can find more of our favorites here:
You can find more of our Easter recipes in our Easter recipe archives here.
Easy Easter Candy Nest Cookies Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy Easter candy nest cookies that are sweet, salty, and crunchy with chocolate, Cadbury mini eggs and crushed cereal- no baking required!
- 2 cups shredded wheat, crushed
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup cadbury eggs for the top
- In a large bowl, crush shredded wheat. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt butter and combine with corn syrup and chocolate. Stir frequently until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Stir in to shredded wheat.
- Scoop onto wax paper and gently shape, using the back of a spoon, into circle "nest" shapes.
- Place cadbury mini eggs on top, like a birds nest.
- Let set at least 30 minutes in the fridge, or 2 hours in a cool, dry place.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 26mgSodium 42mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 33gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.