I love ribs. My hubby loves ribs. Who doesn't love ribs?? I just don't love all the planning they take. Sure, we have a smoker we love to bust out, but spending hours to slow smoke meat isn't something we can do often. So when I heard about an awesome new cut- Flanken Ribs- that are sliced like a flank steak across the ribs to make a thin, quick cooking rib-steak, I was all in. I knew it was time to come up with a Korean Grilled Flanken Ribs recipe.
These are SO easy to make and so delicious, you might never look back at regular old ribs again!
Delicious Korean BBQ Flanken Ribs are a great way to get a delicious rib dinner- in a fraction of the time! Total active time is under 15 minutes to KILLER ribs you will want to eat as a steak, in tacos or in a salad!
Recipe is per pound of ribs which will feed two adults. Simply multiply for additional pounds!
- 1 lb flanken cut beef ribs
- For the marinade:
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, use molasses if you are trying to stick to paleo
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce, tamari if you are gluten free
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Add marinate ingredients to a bag, mix very well.
- Add ribs.
- Marinate 6 hours or overnight.
- On a hot grill (on high), cook ribs 4 minutes per side until browned.
- Serve as rib-steaks with a knife and fork, shred for tacos, or cut up into pieces for a salad.
These ribs are so good- you can eat them as little steaks with a knife and fork (or your hands- they are RIBS after all!!), cut up into tacos with fresh shredded cabbage or kimchi, or in a salad.
What is your favorite way to make ribs? I used to be a devotee of the slow and low method... but these bad boys are seriously good- and just as easy- and will be a part of our rotation a LOT more in the future!